Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

LAN not working after Windows 8 installation

This is a discussion on LAN not working after Windows 8 installation within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Windows 8 is not in the Microsoft OS list. Anyway, this computer is wired to the router, and also another

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 10:48 AM   #1
Registered Member

Windows 8 is not in the Microsoft OS list.
Anyway, this computer is wired to the router, and also another computer, a Blueray player with wifi receptor, a Roku and Google TV are connected wireless to the router. After Windows 8 installation, the other computer and this computer are working fine, but other devices are saying they can not be connected to the network. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

make and model of the router you have

so no items can connect to the router, cable or wireless

whats the status lights on the router showing
also try a powercycle
------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to power cycle

“power cycle” process to reboot or reset the modem/router
  • Switch off all the devices modem, router and computers also unplug their power cables.
  • Wait at least 1 to 5 minutes,
  • Plug the power cords back in, but don’t switch them on.
  • First turn on the modem and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
  • Next switch on the router (if a separate device) and then wait for a few minutes for it to settle and all the lights to become stable.
  • Now turn on your computer, You should now be able to access the Internet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Registered Member

I think you need to install the driver again and install it with windows 7 compeitability feature.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Registered Member

Thank you very much for your help.
Power cycle solved the problem, although I still don't understand why only the computer was working wireless while other devices did not work.
Sam
Old 11-05-2012, 08:41 AM   #5
Team Manager - Networking

a powercycle is often needed with devices - solves quite a few issues and must be done with cable modems to work after any connection changes

excellent - thanks for letting us know
You can mark the thread solved - from the dropdown " thread tools" at the top of the page - choose "Mark Solved"

Closed Thread