Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Is there remote assistance in Windows 8?

This is a discussion on Is there remote assistance in Windows 8? within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am trying to help a newbie who is running Windows 8. It came to mind that I could help

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 09:40 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am trying to help a newbie who is running Windows 8. It came to mind that
I could help him best by getting him to open remote assistance, so I could control his cursor and he could watch on his screen where to move his cursor for desired effect. BUT- I dont know; Does Windows 8 even have some kind of remote assistance program? I am running Windows XP or Windows 7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team
Networking Team

OS: W10P64 10.0.19041.264; W7U64; W7P64; XPP32; Zorin; Slax; Ubuntu; Kali (BackTrack); Android 6.01

Windows Remote Assistance: Frequently asked questions
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Slow Computer - Cannot find a problem.
Hey guys, My computer has been running slow for quite a while now, and I can't find a reason at all. I cleaned the inside of my tower and went through most of the cleaning steps you all recommend in that post except for the one step that required me to have a Xp Sp3 startup disk. Like I said I...
cschluter Resolved HJT Threads 13 04-16-2012 03:21 AM
"System Fix" virus hijacked computer
Hello, I’ve got a computer infected with the “System Fix” Virus. I believe the OS is Windows XP Professional. Searching the Tech Support Forum lead me to this thread: https://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/im-in-trouble-614906.html Since that thread is getting quite long, I figured...
SilentJim Resolved HJT Threads 48 12-02-2011 08:10 AM
3TB HDD won't format
I recently bought a 3TB 5400RPM hard drive and placed it in an enclosure. I orginially had connected it to my PC via USB 2.0 and formatted the entire drive and everything seemed to be in working order. After that I decided to connect the drive via eSATA because of the speed increase. When...
UhOhOhNo Hard Drive Support 8 09-13-2011 08:22 PM
Windows XP Fix
I have got this intruder on my computer. I cannot access the internet or anything else. I was going to do a system restore, but I cannot get to it. I do have another computer with Vista, but I need the XP computer for work. Please help!
mishamisha Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 26 07-14-2011 06:36 PM
Please help I think I may have spyware/malware/virus & possible keylogger?
Hi there My other half was using my laptop yesterday (just regular web surfing) nothing untoward and she called out to me and said you have 30 viruses on your computer do you want me to remove them. Me thinks say what so I come out and have a look and notice - what seem's to be a dodgy...
scottietwenty3 Resolved HJT Threads 50 06-22-2011 11:42 PM