Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

How to make bootable cdrom on CD

This is a discussion on How to make bootable cdrom on CD within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have some problems. I need to install the solaris10 on SUN Enterprise 4500. It's very old server. You

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 12:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,
I have some problems.
I need to install the solaris10 on SUN Enterprise 4500. It's very old server.
You know, the server have CDROM, so the server don't recognize the DVD data because the solaris10 is on only DVD.
Could you explain me how to install the solaris10 OS on SUN Enterprise 4500?

Thank you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2016, 12:21 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to jimscreechy

If you only have a CD ROM on the Solaris server you can not use a DVD to install, it will not recognise DVD format. You will need to either get Solaris10 on a CDROM (or if it is too big to fit on that media) replace the CDROM drive on the server with a DVD ROM or use a Portable DVD drive. I haven't installed Solaris on SUYN for some time, but I think that is a very old server which probably doesn't have a USB port, but I think changing the CDROM drive will be your best and cheapest bet.
Old 09-13-2016, 02:49 PM   #3
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

I second what jimscreechy said. Replacing the CD-ROM with a DVD-ROM would be the cheapest/best way to go. You can get a DVD-ROM these days for like $20.

Hope everything works out well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
Registered Member

Yep, they are correct... I remember a few months back, my cousin has the same problem. He did exactly the same thing and it's been fixed until now... It's just that he bought an expensive DVD-ROM.

Cheers,
Old 06-20-2017, 01:55 AM   #5
Troubled

Hey jimscreechy great advice!
Closed Thread