Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

How to get rid of pop up ads on google chrome

This is a discussion on How to get rid of pop up ads on google chrome within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Do a Ctrl+Alt+Delete and start the Task Mananger. Find your browser and do an End Task to stop just Chrome.

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 12:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

Do a Ctrl+Alt+Delete and start the Task Mananger. Find your browser and do an End Task to stop just Chrome.
Assuming that you have virus scanned your PC and it is clean, the pop ups are caused by code on the original pages and there is little to nothing you can do.

If you need multiple pages, you can always open each page in a "New Window". That will start another incident of Chrome for each page. If you get stuck like that, you can close down just the incident of Chrome and still have all your pages up and running.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 12:17 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Or you could just use Adblock plus.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:13 PM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Copied from https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...8102038AA3c5UY

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pop up won't go away; freezes computer
I recently downloaded a piece of old software (VLC) and got an extra added attraction. It is a POP-UP stating "Window Browswer Warning" and it won't go away or allow me to access any other programs. It also causes a "PC Support Messages.com" to appear and that one also won't go away. They both...
triviaace Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 52 05-19-2015 01:13 PM
Prevent Google from displaying your Name, Image in Ads & Clear Synced data in Chrome
Prevent Google from displaying your Name, Image in Ads; Clear Synced data in Chrome
JMH3143 Computer Security News 0 10-25-2013 03:03 PM
Google ups ante for Chrome hack at revamped Pwn2Own
Pwn2Own hacking contest winners will receive a first prize of $60,000 this year - four times 2011's top reward - as organisers TippingPoint dramatically revamped the challenge. Google will also significantly increase the money it potentially will pay to people able to hack its Chrome browser. ...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 01-24-2012 02:03 PM
Virus and Trojan problems on my computer
I have been having problems with my computer today. I have run Spybot S&D many times and everytime I run it, it comes up with a malware known as "SmithFraud-C.Generic." It tells me to fix the problem and I do. I run the S&D again to double check and the problem is back. Also, I have run...
MAVSFAN82 Resolved HJT Threads 50 12-30-2011 12:53 PM
Google building Postini features into Apps
Google has started to move email security features from its Postini service into Google Apps, so that IT administrators who use both products don't have to toggle back and forth. "Today, we're excited to announce our first step in creating a unified Google Apps experience by moving some Postini...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 07-18-2011 01:12 PM