Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Help with SCO UNIX 7 networking

This is a discussion on Help with SCO UNIX 7 networking within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. NEED networking help with SCO UNIX 7 Server - Using 4 Win98 2nd edition and 4 WinXP Profesional computers to

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 10:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

NEED networking help with SCO UNIX 7 Server -
Using 4 Win98 2nd edition and 4 WinXP Profesional computers to access our Server with a program called Term Pro. We were accessing the internet using Windows NT thru a DDS-16+ Dlink & a Dlink D1-701 Residential Gateway
Just switched to Time Warner Cable from Verizon DSL. Half our computers can reach the internet but not the server and half of them can reach the server but not the internet. Can't find anyone who knows anything about SCO UNIX.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #2
Alternative Computing

OS: Linux Mint 17.3 (KDE 4.14), Debian 8, Arch. Languages: Python3, Javascript, CSS3, HTML, Bash

My System

From a working windows machine open a command prompt and post output of

ipconfig /all

route print

From a non working machine do the same. Windows 98 ? thats pretty much out of date.
Also which machines are working and which arent if XP work and windows 98 does not
could be a win98 issue.

You will need to reboot windows 98 ( I'm pretty sure you have already done this).