Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Dfs window server 2008r2

This is a discussion on Dfs window server 2008r2 within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I want a fault tolerance server so that user can access folder when one dfs server is not available.so far

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 05:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

I want a fault tolerance server so that user can access folder when one dfs server is not available.so far I have dfs and replication working on both servers.i could access the folder on both server but not using same namespace . I want situation whereby user can access folder using just \domain\files and they will have access to the folder on either servers . so that when one severs is down user can still access folder using the same namespace , but I kept getting this error message "The namespace is not unique in the domain in which the namespce servr was created ..." or is there a better way to make \domain\files accessible when one server is not available, not planning failover cluster .All server is Microsoft 2008r2 . Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apache2 Error when using ssl
I get an error when trying to get ssl working on my server. Errror: AH02311: Fatal error initialising mod_ssl, exiting. See /var/log/apache2/error.log for more information I went through the startssl.com process and got my key and crt. Those appear to be working ok. I am using...
razgriz Web Design & Development 2 08-13-2014 01:25 PM
Weird Connection Problem
Current Situation: I have 3 Computers on 1 Network. 2/3 of the computer work flawlessly. This is about the third computer. I've reformed, and installed windows vista home, and now I have the weirdest connection problem. Currently using a Lynksys Wireless G Wi-Fi adapter WUSB54GC. (I have tested...
medalmonkey Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 14 04-21-2012 01:23 AM
Windows 2003 Server and Windows 2008 Server
Hello, I have a problem. I have a old Dell Windows 2003 Domain Controller server. We purchased a new server, the old is out of warranty, Insurance. The thought is to add the new Dell 2008 R2 server to the Domain and then prompt it to Domain controller and demote the 2003 to a member. PS...
sblair_5 Windows Servers 20 04-06-2012 02:12 PM