Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

deleted operationg system

This is a discussion on deleted operationg system within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I somehow deleted my operating system and need to know how I can get it back. I don't have the

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

I somehow deleted my operating system and need to know how I can get it back. I don't have the original cds that came with it and would prefer not to have to buy any windows.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

How did you "delete" the operating system?

Old 03-10-2014, 12:37 PM   #3
Registered Member

I don't know. I went to update my google chrome, my laptop shut off and when I tried to restart it, it tells me that I don't have an operating system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2014, 12:45 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

It sounds more like the hard drive has failed. What brand and model is the laptop?

Old 03-29-2014, 06:05 PM   #5
Registered Member

You can try to reimage your computer using the disks u gig with the computer. In worst case, u need to buy new hdd. If it's under warranty just go back to the vendor where u bought it from.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:38 AM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Check the hard drive's power and data connectors to see if either has come loose. If that's not the problem, remove the drve and hook it up to another computer, then run chkdsk to see if the data is accessible or the drive is damaged.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SpyHunter Loop-de-Loop
Good Afternoon, In an attempt to check for viruses/malware, I made the mistake of installing SpyHunter. Well, it went into a loop that was very difficult to get out of. I uninstalled it using the windows program uninstall but it kept looping. I searched around and found out that registry...
catbiz Inactive Malware Help Topics 73 10-24-2013 03:09 PM
Google redirects to Unwanted Site
I don't know what to do. Lately, when I open Google and type a search, I get redirected to a place in the UK. I've run virus and malware programs and I've done a system restore. No help. Initially, I noticed when looking through my installed programs, that I had one that looked strange, namely...
erika_conn Resolved HJT Threads 34 10-02-2013 06:18 AM
Got a virus from my skype group
Hi All this is my first post here, I have a virus and can't remove it, I have tried avg free, avast on trial, spybot search and destroy, ad-aware, and malwarebytes to remove it.. The message on skype read.... "Why did you do this? Just look at this and try to explain everything at least to...
mikeb1 Resolved HJT Threads 92 04-05-2013 06:38 PM
funmoods/babylon
Hi, Downloaded a prog. to convert mkv to avi and now blessed with both of these problems ! Tried various methods found on the web to get rid but to no avail. Should have come to this forum straight away for help but didn't realise how hard it was going to be. You have been a life saver...
jetgat Resolved HJT Threads 7 09-11-2012 10:41 AM
"Antivirus Scan"
Hello. I have a Dell Inspiron E1505 with Windows XP. I recently got two viruses, the Anti malware doctor and antivirus scan. I was able to get rid of the anti malware doctor, but not the antivirus scan. When I turn on my computer, a fake program comes up saying that my computer is infected and...
willc38 Resolved HJT Threads 26 01-11-2011 11:11 AM