Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Couple problems with EPC Smart Book Mini with Windows Embedded CE 6.0

This is a discussion on Couple problems with EPC Smart Book Mini with Windows Embedded CE 6.0 within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ok I posted before that I was unable to connect to the internet, well that problem is solved. I now

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 09:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Ok I posted before that I was unable to connect to the internet, well that problem is solved. I now have a couple of problems:

1. The icon on the lower right corner with the two computers has a red x and I have no idea what and why that is.

2. I have a shortcut for YouTube that does not work. When I click it, it opens and then displays Network TimeOut or Max page at the top of the page. It will not open anything.

3. When opening the Internet Explorer by the icon on the desktop, Google opens but when I enter YouTube the website opens with the error message in orange at the top of the page "Your browser is no longer supported. Please upgrade to a modern browser." I am able to enter a search and see the videoes the only problem is that when I click to view the video it tries to open Windows Media Player 9 Series but the video cannot show.

Help my son really wants to play with his new Christmas present.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Being Redirected to other sites when Searching on Google
Hello, My problem is that I am being redirected to other sites when searching using Google. I searched around and was told it is a redirection malware/virus that cannot be detected with my normal virus scanner. I was also told I could use "Combofix", but not to use it unless directed to...
cheriserandle Resolved HJT Threads 24 07-31-2011 08:11 PM
ALL files hidden. XP REPAIR "16375588.exe"
Hit a nasty link last nite and noticed Java icon pop up in the task bar. Hit Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up task manager and it said disabled by administrator which is me and I did not do. Soon all files were hidden and only option on screen was "XP Repair" pop up. I only seem to get control in safe...
mrfurrypants Resolved HJT Threads 13 07-07-2011 06:16 PM
XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert
Hello. Two days ago I got the virus XP Internet Security 2012 Firewall Alert. It does not let me open any file/folder/browser. When I try to google how to remove it, it redirects me to different websites. Please ...
lilbrat0326 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-03-2011 06:49 PM
stepped in it ..Again :{
I clicked on a photo yesterday on a google search results screen when a notice popped up saying that there was a potential virus, initially I thought it was a waring from my Verizon Security Suite, so I clicked on Quarenteen...in hind sight, I think this warning was somthing different. Now, my...
scotlb Resolved HJT Threads 14 01-23-2011 07:47 PM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 07:15 PM