Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Compatibility with Chromebooks

This is a discussion on Compatibility with Chromebooks within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey All, My father is looking to purchase a cheap computer to run his webcam from some online Darts competition

Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey All,

My father is looking to purchase a cheap computer to run his webcam from some online Darts competition he is getting into. Below is the model of the webcam.

Pro HD Webcam 1080P Widescreen Video with Microphone for Windows & Mac

My question is, since I recommended him a chromecast considering the cost is significantly lower and it has USB ports (would get a Tablet). I'm curious as to whether he is going to run into any compatibility issues with Chrome OS. I don't have too much experience with Chrome OS so I'm not sure that the webcam will work on it or not.

He has not bought a chromebook yet as I am waiting to make sure it will work to till him to order it.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 ATX AM3+ Motherboard New Parts Compatibility
I currently have the opportunity to replace some parts for my PC and would like to double check the compatibility with the parts I have chosen. I have looked up what I could find from the ASUS website for my motherboard. I don't want to buy a whole new PC which is why I'm choosing to replace parts....
Kiallendor Motherboards, Bios & CPU 6 06-21-2015 02:26 AM
Problems Running Program in Win 7 Vista Compatibility Mode
I have a Kensington Trackball (the original grey square 4 button model) which works great and which I absolutely love. I have had it about 10 years now and it still works perfectly fine. Kensington got a lot of grief (and rightly so) for not providing driver support when migrating it from Windows...
Tumbleweed_01 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 01-22-2013 09:42 AM
PC parts build compatibility?
Hi, Thanks for the help, I hope I can finally play Need for speed Hot persiut, while browsing and pausing watching DVDs and Web TV! I finally got the parts, ANTEC MIDI CASE TWO HUNDRED V2 BLACK ASROCK SKT-1156 H55DE3 S/L INTEL CORE I5 650 SKT-1156 GSKILL 4GB DDR3 1333 CL7.0 DUAL CHANNEL...
liamW Building 25 01-09-2013 06:20 AM