Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

changing O.S.

This is a discussion on changing O.S. within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an Acer Aspire One that came with windows-xp. I want to install Linux on it. which version of

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 04:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have an Acer Aspire One that came with windows-xp. I want to install Linux on it. which version of Linux will I need to install on it to operate properly?

O.S. Microsoft windows-xp version 2002
Intel Atom
CPU. N270 @ 1.60 GHZ
1.60 GHZ, 0.99 GB of RAM
150 GB Hard drive
built in web cam
no internal cd/dvd drive but have an external one
3 usb slots and rgb port

any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2015, 06:51 PM   #2
TSF Moderator
Hardware Team

I have the exact same netbook...and wanting to do the same thing. I decided I would partition the HDD and check out Mint Mate and a few others to see which I like.
Old 11-26-2015, 09:35 AM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware
Acting Manager, Security Center

My System

I would suggest Puppy Linux because it is a fairly complete tiny OS and those Netbooks are sooo slow!

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and more effectively.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wan Address Changing Periodically
For about two weeks my IP kept changing but that stopped on July 1st. My latency was also unusually high but that also went down a few days ago back to my normal ping. However this morning I once again setup my teamspeak server (a VoIP client) on my dynamic IP and a few hours later my IP changed...
AmbiguousNinja Networking Support 1 07-06-2013 09:58 AM
drivers b 4 full o.s. or not ?
hi, please help, its simple but yet slightly hard; i have some drivers that say install b 4 o.s. ( win 7 64 ) i have some drivers say install after half o.s. i have some driver that say install after full o.s iits imposible to intall these certain drivers without o.s. (or hdd). i am at...
brybry Driver Support 6 02-13-2012 03:48 AM
Problem with changing Bios battery
Hi! I have problem with changing Bios battery, i replaced old Bios battery with new one, old battery had maybe 0,06V (tested with multimeeter) and new one was ok, 3V inside. So problem is next, after changing battery i changed time in Bios and saved changes that i made, so the computer made...
Tannu Windows XP Support 10 10-30-2011 03:14 PM
CANT PASTE FILES INTO USB STICK
When i insert my usb stick it mounts onto the desktop but im unable to open it `usb`. Ive tried re formatting it, re mounting it but still unable to access it. Only way i can access it is by going into file sytem- media-stick. Once open i only root has prermission to copy and paste files onto the...
tizza2k Linux Support 29 06-03-2011 09:14 AM
Changing Mult-booting to one O.S
Hi. I am editing boot.ini as i want to boot in one windows as recently crashed with flashing BIOS. Anyway is the bold area that i shall delete? timeout=30 default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home...
CrazyComputerMan Windows XP Support 1 04-10-2011 10:08 PM