Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Can't swipe to unlock screen

This is a discussion on Can't swipe to unlock screen within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Tablet M962 with Android 9.0 . had this for a week now I can't swipe to get to main menu

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2020, 08:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Tablet M962 with Android 9.0 . had this for a week now I can't swipe to get to main menu or anything else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 08:39 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team

My System

I'd try hard resetting (or soft resetting first, followed by hard resetting if necessary).
Old 01-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

how do i do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2020, 09:40 AM   #4
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrown606 View Post
how do i do that?
Given the information so far offered, I can't give a precise answer. If you still have your owner's manual (or know from where it can be downloaded) that will generally cover how to do a soft reset, which does not take the tablet back to fresh "out of the box from the factory" state, and hard reset, which would wipe everything and take it back to it's "out of the box" state.

One can generally find this information by doing a web search on the exact make and model of the tablet along with the keyword "reset" or the keywords "soft reset" and/or "hard reset."

This is typically accomplished by holding in a specified key while the tablet is powered off, powering it on while it's held, and releasing it at the correct time (which is defined in the reset instructions).

I'd suggest doing a web search using your exact make and model, along with the word reset, to see what comes up. That's what I'd have to do in order to find the exact directions for a device I do not own (or even the ones I do, since it's generally faster than tying to find the owner's manual if I don't already know exactly where it is).
Old 01-04-2020, 09:48 AM   #5
Registered Member

Do not have owners manual. Did not receive one with tablet. Went on line for OS android 9.0 and tried the soft key (power with volume together) nothing happens. The last thing I did was to download and install a weather App from the Google Store. No way I can remove it cause the touch screen does not respond to MY TOUCH.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:55 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrown606 View Post
Went on line for OS android 9.0 and tried the soft key (power with volume together) nothing happens.
I will emphasize again that you cannot just use "generic" Android instructions as many makers customize aspects of the OS for themselves, and one of the most common of those customizations is what the reset buttons/sequences are.

All I can recommend is that you do a web search for your specific make and model as a first step. If you find nothing, or what you find is not successful (and make certain you follow reset instructions to the letter), then I would recommend going to one of the Android specific forums like androidforums.com, xda-developers.com, or similar and seeing what you can find there and possibly joining and asking there.

If your device is not by a major maker, it's often only by finding someone who has either "discovered the secret" to resetting or remembers it if it's an older device that will be able to come to the rescue.

I have lots of Android experience dating from the Froyo era (ancient now) up to current, on LG, Samsung, and Xiaomi devices. But when I have to discuss other brands, and resetting, I have to web search to find the specific step-by-step instructions for a given device. I sometimes have to do that even for brands I know well, as things do change with time.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:04 AM   #7
Registered Member

Thankyou. I will try that. This tablet is unbranded from China and will attempt to return it if I don't find a solution. I have been after them for documentation but to no avail.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:17 AM   #8
Windows Tech Team

My System

Best of luck. Please do report back on whether you were successful in finding reset instructions or in returning the device.
Old 01-04-2020, 10:27 AM   #9
Registered Member

will do
Old 01-09-2020, 06:54 AM   #10
Registered Member

Received full refund. No instructions on resetting this tablet.
Old 01-10-2020, 04:59 AM   #11
Registered Member

Connected a wireless mouse to power connector. I did a reset no improvement. The touchscreen no work. Is there something that could disable the screen in system settings? Is there anything that can be done besides using it with a mouse or just throw it away?
Closed Thread