Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Can an Android Tablet accept an External USB WiFi Adapter ?

This is a discussion on Can an Android Tablet accept an External USB WiFi Adapter ? within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have an LG tablet running an Android O/S 5.01. I want to add an external (USB w/Micro USB) WiFi

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2017, 05:01 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I have an LG tablet running an Android O/S 5.01.

I want to add an external (USB w/Micro USB) WiFi antenna adapter.

I want to be able to receive a WiFi signal that is just out of range right now.

Also, this is a Public WiFi that I will not be able to access the Admin function to register a SSID.

Is any of this possible on an Android device ??

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UKASH Command prompt Virus help
Hi, I managed to get rid of the original Ukash (cheshire police) virus last year from my computer with help from spyhunter and spybot search and destroy, unfortunately I have encountered a similar virus, this time every safe mode that I log into it gives me a black screen with no toolbars or menus...
DrakeRx Resolved HJT Threads 45 06-08-2013 08:24 AM
Laptop wifi dying when other laptop crashes.
So whenever my girlfriend force resets her laptop, it bluescreens, or otherwise dies, the WiFi connection that my laptop maintains gets severed, and I cannot connect to the internet unless I reboot. I've tried to go to my network settings and disable/re-enable the wireless connection but that does...
paradoxvision Networking Support 6 05-06-2013 08:59 AM
New Linksys Router Not Working
I just replaced my Belkin which I only bought a month ago because the lights wouldn't even come on at all anymore (I even switched outlets to make sure). Now my new Linksys will not work. Same connectivity issues. I am able to connect to my roommate's router just fine, which is how I'm able to post...
shambo9 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 18 02-25-2013 12:45 AM
CPUTIN Extremely High please help
https://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i444/Wabisuke_42/****.jpg it shows my cpu temp locked at 99c on speed test. Why am i getting such a high read on that and such good core temps D: any help is apperciated
Necta42 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 9 09-06-2012 01:57 PM
external adapter can connect to wifi but laptop can't
Hi supporters, I've been having a problem with my wifi for a month or so. I used to connect well to my wifi, but then one day my laptop just can't connect to it anymore. It says "windows was unable to connect to..." or something similar to that. But what's strange is, I have an external wifi...
darklordnd Networking Support 4 05-04-2012 07:17 AM