Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Alternative OS

This is a discussion on Alternative OS within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Thanks for viewing this, I am just looking for some opinions, i haven't used every OS in the book. I

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 12:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Thanks for viewing this,

I am just looking for some opinions, i haven't used every OS in the book. I am running windows 7 and i just got rid of linux mint 12 lisa:

Very good job, i love the UI of Gnome 3 and i love the look, i did not love the very limited options i had with the settings (options that normal users wouldn't care about to begin with) But one heck of an OS. Just didn't do it for me though.

I Love to try out many random and different operating systems, i just recently downloaded the sdk for croquet OS which isn't a finished os, but very fun to mess with and very real time, and i have tried all the CLI OS choices like baremetal or the new microsoft singularity and i have tried alot of OS's with different GUI's such as the menuet OS written in complete Assembly and from scratch or elementary OS, but many of these were run in virtual box.

Right now i am looking for another fun OS to dual boot side by side with my win7 partition for fun and development maybe, userability plus administration when it comes to settings and it supports a good portion of the .net framework of course haha

I do not want ubuntu, or mint or fedora. Any other good looking OS's out there or fun ones to play with out there apart from the usual people will suggest? Not just linux! Anything you guys play with! computers get boring with no pazzaz! or genuine ideas or projects!

Any suggestions? ANYTHING! If you like to play with new OS's too then just post something! Idc if i can only VM it! i wanna try out some new stuff. It can be CLI based or GUI based. Prefer GUI but if there are CLI ones out there you find worthy of throwing out there then post it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 12:20 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi there is always something new with linux distros DistroWatch.com: Put the fun back into computing. Use Linux, BSD.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 02-27-2012, 12:21 PM   #3
Registered Member

Haha i have never actually looked around on the distro site before, mainly because linux eventually became boring haha but thanks i see something that looks interesting already!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-27-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

You might get a suprise there lol

Old 02-27-2012, 12:25 PM   #5
Registered Member

Haha i see so many ive already looked at haha. I remember a few months ago i was so bored i wikied a list of Linux distros and picked some because of the way they looked haha. I didnt wanna get stuck with CLI distros because i probably wouldnt have had time to learn them lol. I am looking for a server OS now. CLI or GUI, Ive seen many but no reviews on alot of them. Anything you enjoyed?
Old 02-27-2012, 12:28 PM   #6
Registered Member

oooo slitaz looks fairly advanced for a lightweight OS. reminds me of Backtrack but better haha may use that!
Old 02-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #7
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

inquisitive minds can always find something

Closed Thread