Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Acer Google ChromeBook

This is a discussion on Acer Google ChromeBook within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Shame on me, I did not realize i was buying a chromebook when i told my mom to go ahead

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 10:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

Shame on me, I did not realize i was buying a chromebook when i told my mom to go ahead and get it for me for my 50th.....i would have picked something else....But it is what it is... My question is, can Windows be put on this since it is a Acer, well here is what i have......
Acer Granite Gray 15.6" CB3-531-C4A5 Chromebook PC with Intel Celeron N2830 Dual-Core Processor, 2GB Memory, 16GB Hard Drive and Chrome OS - Walmart.com

But can i make this into a reg laptop and if so what will it take to do so and about how much will it run me? Thanks.

PS. i hope I put this question in the correct forum, i was not sure where to put it actually so if it is wrong, I am sorry.....Tell me where to add if someone doesn't mind and I will move the question there......
thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2016, 04:26 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

It is technically possible but not something that is supported or is guaranteed to work. You're better off returning it and getting a Windows laptop if that's what you want.

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Old 04-22-2016, 12:49 PM   #3
Registered Member

Well....I guess that's that then.....Okay.....Thank you for your reply......I appreciate your help with this........
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random browser issues
When I mean 'random', I mean that I have been noticing that my browsers would, only now and again, try to pop up a random webpage. Stated a while ago after I let someone hold my laptop for a bit, only to come back to something called 'SpringFiles'. I know this is likely similar to Kazza or...
Hazarath Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 11-28-2015 02:37 AM
PC Slow Down and Constant Virus Detection
Hello My PC has been running much slower than normal lately and I think I know why. I have Avira Antivir and it keeps detecting a certain virus called TR/Crypt.ZPACK.200907. I keep hitting remove but the infection keeps coming back. Please help! My specs: Windows 8 64 bit I went to run...
legolas192 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 12 11-19-2015 12:54 PM
After MalwareBytes, Inernet, PC SystemRestore Will Not Work.
PC was running slow. I ran MalwareBytes in Chmeleon Mode. I deleted all the MB Quarantined files, as I wanted to Uninstall MB, and I thot it will "dump-back" all the quarantined fiels... My PC is just a metal box now and am desperate. The Internet, Chrome Google will not work, "This web page is...
mg222 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 31 04-21-2015 06:34 PM
Google Chromebook passwords could soon just be the wave of an Android
Google Chromebook passwords could soon just be the wave of an Android
JMH3143 Computer Security News 1 04-21-2014 12:09 AM
Bad Image errors
Hi there, I've just started suffering from Bad Image errors when trying to run certain exe files on my Win 7 PC with error message saying that certain exe and dll files are "either not designed to run in Windows or contains an error". Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Festoon Resolved HJT Threads 26 10-15-2013 06:32 AM