Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

User Tag List

[SOLVED] How do I unsync Thunderbird emails?

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] How do I unsync Thunderbird emails? within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ever since I tried an upgrade to Thunderbird 3.0 I've been unable to keep my emails on the comcast.net server.

Closed Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 08:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Ever since I tried an upgrade to Thunderbird 3.0 I've been unable to keep my emails on the comcast.net server. Reverting to a Thunderbird 2.0 version has not helped; I've tried uninstalling (deleting everything) and reinstalling, but it's just not working.

Because I'm frequently switching back and forth from my laptop to my desktop as I work, I like having the emails download into Thunderbird on my desktop but leaving them on the comcast/SmartZone server as well, since I can then access them on my laptop.

Ever since the Thunderbird 3.0 fiasco, the messages disappear from the SmartZone/comcast server once they've downloaded onto my hard drive. Apparently if you have an IMAP server you can uncheck the sync, but comcast only supports pop.

Any suggestions as to what I can do to put this back to the way it was before? If not, any suggestions for other free email clients that won't have the same problem with sync?

Appreciate any help you can provide. This has taken on a new urgency, since I'm going to have to be spending more time out of town with a sick parent.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 09:37 AM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Account Settings:Server Settings:Check Leave Messages on Server

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:45 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you! I thought I had gone through all the settings, but I missed that obvious one. I feel stupid--but relieved. It worked.

Really appreciate it.
Closed Thread