Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Firefox 6.02 constantly hangs and freezes

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Firefox 6.02 constantly hangs and freezes within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I`ve tried everything from reinstalling, changing the version of FireFox and going to safe mode but it still freezes and

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 08:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

I`ve tried everything from reinstalling, changing the version of FireFox and going to safe mode but it still freezes and hangs for me.
Sometimes it hangs for a few seconds and others for a few minutes, it happens constantly.

Any help would be most welcome because i don`t really want to change browsers.

I`ve done all the malware checks with MalwareBytes, SuperAntispyware and Bitdefender 2011 and it found nothing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 08:19 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Try disabling all addons and toolbars, and make sure your plugins are up to date - Firefox Plugin Check
Old 09-11-2011, 09:10 AM   #3
Registered Member

Tried all that, still got stuck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2011, 09:21 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Test with another browser (IE8 or Chrome) to see if you get the same problem. It could be your network rather than Firefox.

Are you connected directly to the router/modem or wirelessly?

Any other computers on your network?

Is anyone on your network hogging the bandwidth? (eg. file-sharing or streaming videos)

Check Event Viewer and Task Manager to see which other processes are running when you get the freezes.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:30 AM   #5
Registered Member

If it doesn't happen on your other browsers, download Firefox 7 beta 5 and see how it does.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:42 PM   #6
Registered Member

Thanks for the help but i fixed it. I just made a new profile on firefox and transferred my stuff there and no problems so far.
So thanks for trying to help, i know i can always count on professional help on this forum.
Closed Thread