Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Command Prompt Line always showing

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Command Prompt Line always showing within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm not sure if I have the name right, but, basically; the little blinking line that shows up when you're

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 02:37 AM   #1
Registered Member

I'm not sure if I have the name right, but, basically; the little blinking line that shows up when you're typing something, right? AKA, when you're writing up a response to this, it will be there just ahead of your text.

Anyways! This thing won't go away on my Firefox, no matter where I click. For instance, if I click off to the side of this type box, the line blinks off to the right of the resize button. If I click up near the top of the page, it'll be somewhere up there, depending on where I click, usually next to a link or something. If I click in the middle of any text on a webpage, say a blog or what have you, the little line is right there, blinking merrily away.

So it's not a huge problem, but it's irking the hell out of me. My sister brought her kids over while I was at work, and I'm assuming they got a hold of my keyboard or something, since it wasn't happening before now.

Anyways, anybody have an idea of how I might stop this little nuisance?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2012, 03:02 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

It's called caret browsing and can be toggled on/off with the F7 key.

The kids might have hit the key by mistake, but it usually brings up a popup box asking you to confirm the change.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Registered Member

You're a bloody saint. Fixed it right up, that did. I guess they hit enter after F7, or something. Anyways, problem is cleared, so my thanks to you kind person!
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DirectX 11 massive issue
Hi guys, I recently fixed a sound problem which has been occurring on my PC but along the way, it was suggested to me that I remove DirectX 11 as this may be causing an issue with my sound card. I'll give you an idea of how I uninstalled DirectX 11 - like this: How to Uninstall DirectX 11 |...
deltaaa Driver Support 13 12-29-2011 04:56 PM
Using Nero to burn mp3s to audio cd
I get an error when burning an audio cd, so got a coaster. Pasted the log file below. So what is wrong ? Thanks. Windows XP 5.1 IA32
zhong Windows XP Support 8 12-19-2011 02:28 PM
Trouble with Directx 10
When trying to install a redist for a game i was going to play, this error comes up: "An internal system error occured. Please refer to DXERROR.log and Directx.log in your Windows folder to determine the problem" This is my DXError.log: -------------------- module: dxupdate(Sep 4 2009),...
xAtlas PC Gaming Support 1 07-29-2011 01:43 PM
RAM memory in BIOS
Hello When im trying to clock my RAM memory in BIOS its all gray. Any suggestions? "BIOS-Version and -date. American Megatrends Inc. 3.24, 2005-08-11" And installed RAM is only 512
Abfe Overclocking 6 01-27-2011 12:33 PM
Burning error in audio blank using Nero 6
I have a burning error in audio blank using Nero 6. Below is my log, What is the problem ? Windows XP 5.1 IA32 WinAspi: - ahead WinASPI: File 'C:\Program Files\Ahead\Nero\Wnaspi32.dll': Ver=2.0.1.74, size=164112 bytes, created 10/26/2004 5:35:34 PM
zhong Windows XP Support 12 01-13-2011 11:22 PM