User Tag List

Gran Paradiso Alpha 5...

This is a discussion on Gran Paradiso Alpha 5... within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. ...is out! Well, it has yet to be announced, but it looks like a formality if they've already posted it

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 07:38 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to keithy397 Send a message via Skype™ to keithy397

...is out!

Well, it has yet to be announced, but it looks like a formality if they've already posted it on OSU.

Remember, it's not the final product. It is aimed at testers but anyone can use it, at their own risk. Having said that, the last Alpha release worked almost perfectly for me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2007, 09:58 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Announcement
Old 06-07-2007, 04:17 AM   #3
Roaming To Help

Thanks Keith.

You should change your title to "Mozilla Lover".

Alpha 5 has been working good so far today. A little nippier for me too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2007, 05:16 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalim View Post
Alpha 5 has been working good so far today. A little nippier for me too.
Glad to hear that. If it is anything like the last Alpha I'll be well happy!

I just got up so I'm going to re-think a bookmark strategy to try, hopefully something that'll play nice with Bon Echo & FF 1.5.* (without Imp/Exp, just sync), now that Places has been implemented into GP too.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #5
Roaming To Help

Only just updated to IE7 in one of my systems. It was might fast in comparison to Fx 2.0.0.1 and 2.0.0.4 builds, so I started troubleshooting and it came down to Auto scrolling/Smooth scrolling adding a good 6-11 seconds to the total webpage load time.

Obviously forums such as this (or Castlecorp) with tables experiencing the biggest issue.

Even with those settings chosen though, Gran Paradiso A5 is quicker, around 3-4 seconds quicker per page. So far I've not experienced any issues with it - the ones I've encountered are typically CSS/JS site dependent, bad source coding.
Closed Thread