Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

User Tag List

google-clear auto-complete [RESOLVED]

This is a discussion on google-clear auto-complete [RESOLVED] within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Is there anyway to clear the memory from Google? When you type in the letters in the search box, searches

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
Registered Member

Is there anyway to clear the memory from Google? When you type in the letters in the search box, searches from months and months ago auto-complete. I have cleared the cache but this auto-complete doesn't seem to disappear. Can it? I don't want this auto-complete to continue to come up all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2007, 12:17 PM   #2
Registered Member

It may be search 'Suggestions' that you are seeing. Right-click on the Search Box and untick 'Search Suggestions'. See how it goes then.
Old 02-04-2007, 11:00 AM   #3
Roaming To Help

Same as above but choose "Clear Search History" and it'll delete all you've typed in search.
If you don't want it to show you any suggestions, then right-click in the search box and untick "Show Suggestions".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2007, 12:53 PM   #4

Actually, I think there may be a different problem here. When you cleared your cache, did you check the setting before doing it to make sure "Saved Form Information" was checked off? Doing that should have ensured a deletion of that. If not, then what the other guys are telling you should be it.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:54 PM   #5
Registered Member

Thanks to all. I never found the Suggestions tab. Where is it?

I have always clicked Clear Search history but that never solved it. Norskvind had it- I didn't know what those options meant. I removed the saved form info, tested it and noticed that it doesn't take me back to previously typed entries. Thanks for the help.
Closed Thread