User Tag List

Firefox switch?

This is a discussion on Firefox switch? within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This may not be the right place to post this, but I was wondering whether I should upgrade to FireFox.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 11:45 AM   #1

This may not be the right place to post this, but I was wondering whether I should upgrade to FireFox. I used to use IE, but I switched over to Avant browser. I love it, but I hear so much more about firefox. Could someone who has used both tell me if this is a good idea?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2007, 12:40 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

FF is great, now I am assuming you have either DSL or Cable internet, otherwise you probably won't notice the speed difference, but I use FF with the FasterFox extension which I have set to turbo.I haven't used Avant though but I do love FF. especially the tabbed browsing and bookmarks, and also how you can restart where you left of if the browser or computer shuts down for some reason
Old 06-02-2007, 06:15 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogger626 View Post
This may not be the right place to post this, but I was wondering whether I should upgrade to FireFox. I used to use IE, but I switched over to Avant browser. I love it, but I hear so much more about firefox. Could someone who has used both tell me if this is a good idea?
You can have more than one browser. I recommend installing Firefox and trying it for at least 2 weeks. That will give you time to get used to it and then you can decide if you like it. You should try it, you won't be sorry.
I use Firefox almost exclusively but still have IE and recently started playing with Opera.
It's always a good idea to have a second browser in case you develop problems with one of them.
T.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2007, 10:35 AM   #4

In response to wolfman, IE6 and Avant have those features, but thanks. I'm still gonna try it. Tyvm!
Old 06-03-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

Dont know about Avant but IE6 has more security issues than FF and FF is so much faster. like the other guy said, you can have more than one browser...I use FF, and my wife uses Netscape, on the same computer.
Old 06-12-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Registered Member

Since i started using Firefox a few years ago I noticed a huge decline in viruses/spyware/adware. I used to have problems every day because of the huge amounts of junk that was ending up on my computer. It took me about a week to "adjust" to firefox and I haven't looked back since. Its definitely worth a try.
Closed Thread