Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

User Tag List

firefox running slow, unresponsive, crashing

This is a discussion on firefox running slow, unresponsive, crashing within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I hope I am posting this in the correct forum... I have been having trouble with my laptop for a

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

I hope I am posting this in the correct forum...
I have been having trouble with my laptop for a while now. Sometimes it responds just fine, but sometimes it won't respond when I try to click on something or scroll through a page. The cursor will turn to the circle just spinning round and round like its thinking. Then the screen will become what I can only explain as a whitewashed effect. I can still see everything, but it looks like someone has put a translucent white filter over the screen. Usually if I just wait it will clear up after a couple minutes, but a lot of times it will just happen over and over. I frequently have to use control/alt/delete and just restart. Firefox also crashes quite frequently. (a few times a day) A couple days ago I downloaded a few fonts from the site dafont which I was assured was safe, but all these problems seem to be happening even more now. I'm not sure if the two things are related.

I had someone look at my laptop for me, but he couldn't find anything wrong. He couldn't even get it to recreate the issue.

I am on a very limited budget and I just don't have the money to take it in to be looked at or buy a new one. Because of medical issues I'm not able to get out of the house much so my laptop is my main source of communication and entertainment.

I would really appreciate anyone willing to help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Do a System Restore prior to the Dafont download. The spinning, grayout is a common Vista problem. Try a disc cleanup: Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Disc Cleanup. For your FF problem, read this: https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...es-124715.html

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 03-18-2013, 08:12 AM   #3
Registered Member

Does the issue happen to Firefox or laptop?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 03:11 AM   #4
Registered Member

Try installing new version of firefox, or empty cookies and cache,it might help you..
Old 03-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #5
Registered Member

Pls. show me how to do this.

Laxa
Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Laxa. Open a new thread and state the problem you're having. That's the best way to get a solution.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:41 AM   #7
Troubled

Yeah I have been facing same problem with new version of Firefox but it is ok with old version..
Closed Thread