Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Mozilla/Firefox Browsers

User Tag List

Dead checkboxes in a theme in Firefox 15

This is a discussion on Dead checkboxes in a theme in Firefox 15 within the Mozilla/Firefox Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. With the LCARSTrek theme in Firefox 15, the checkboxes in the clear history window from the Tools menu are nonfunctional.

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 11:15 AM   #1
Registered Member

With the LCARSTrek theme in Firefox 15, the checkboxes in the clear history window from the Tools menu are nonfunctional. What would cause that? I changed the images and the checkbox.css file to use code and images from another theme, and the boxes in that window did not change, but they did everywhere else. How does one bind checkboxes to a particular window to make them functional?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Articles Team
Alternative Computing

My System

There is probably an incompatibilty with that theme and FF15. The coding for that particular area might have a glitch that it didn't have in FF14 etc.

Registered Linux User #556090
Old 08-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
Registered Member

This theme was updated for Firefox 15. It was just updated Aug. 26, and is supposed to work until FF 17.0a1. Is there some kind of linking that has to be done between a window and a stylesheet controlling an element in it? I am not seeing that problem with any other theme, and I have added 12 themes to Firefox.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
Registered Member

I finally found the cause of the problem. The sanitize box apparently has a listbox, and the listbox.css file did not list any checkmark images, so they did not appear. I have now fixed that. I had to compare stylesheets from another theme to find the difference.
Old 09-02-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
Articles Team
Alternative Computing

My System

Nice one! You should post to the theme creator and suggest he makes that change in an update.

Glad you got it sorted.

Registered Linux User #556090
Closed Thread