Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

User Tag List

Turn off Geolocationing Safari, Mozilla, Chrome, etc...

This is a discussion on Turn off Geolocationing Safari, Mozilla, Chrome, etc... within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I am so utterly frustrated with the Geolocationing occuring in several browsers, at least I think it is called

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 11:04 AM   #1

Hi,
I am so utterly frustrated with the Geolocationing occuring in several browsers, at least I think it is called Geolocationing. For instance, if typing www.google.com it still brings me to www.google.se all the time. I have the option of going to google.com from there but still. Doing that several times a day is feeling very long and whiny...

Same with pages like hotels.com, tripadvisor... etc and various pages. Google translate always sets the target language to Swedish as default, even if I go to translate.google.com...

So is there any way in turning this off? Any plug-in? Any better browser than Safari for instance?

It might sound like an easy task to just "not bother" but it frustrates me, especially in Safari, as I have to reload and go a long way around which is more annoying in a phone than on a PC....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Turn off auto update in chrome
How to turn off the update feature in google chrome
Entokhecho Windows XP Support 1 08-12-2013 07:14 AM
New to programing!
Hi there! I got admission in MCS (masters in computer sciences), where I've one subject "introduction to programing".. It's about C and C++.. I just got familiar with C's basic commands... My this post is for seeking any kind of help which I may need during my course.... So I'll be v.v.v.v.very...
Hassan786 Programming 23 05-05-2013 08:42 AM
Problem with simple Java game
Hello TSF, I've been learning Java recently, and I've been developing a small game that I've been having some problems with now that I'm in beta. It's mostly for me to test my skills, and I really didn't want to have to ask for help, but I can't figure this out for the life of me. So the way the...
Crockeo Programming 11 10-10-2012 06:06 PM
Safari faster than Chrome & Firefox
Went to speed-battle.com to test my browsers - all latest versions of Safari, Firefox, Chrome. Safari tested much faster than both other browsers. Firefox tested slowest. What?! Since when did Safari become a fast browser?! It's too bad all these browsers can not combine their strengths. I...
uRabbit Other Browsers 9 08-20-2011 01:46 PM
Google fixes Chrome flaws before Pwn2Own
Google on Monday patched 19 vulnerabilities in Chrome, paying nine researchers $14,000 in bug bounties for reporting the flaws. As it did last year, Google beefed up the security of its browser a week before the kickoff of Pwn2Own, the annual hacking contest held at the CanSecWest security...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 0 03-02-2011 12:28 PM