Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

User Tag List

[SOLVED] chrome do not clear history but it shows history cleared

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] chrome do not clear history but it shows history cleared within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I always delete history in by clicking wrench menu >> settings >> clear history >> from beginning and tick

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 04:20 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Hi,

I always delete history in by clicking wrench menu >> settings >> clear history >> from beginning and tick all options..

I just noticed it has still stored all histories of mine for many days that I can see when I click wrench menu >> "history"

I tried deleting again but still it was there.

I managed to delete it finally manually by deleting the userdata folder in the path C:/documents and settings/users/username/local settings/application data/google/chrome/user data

But I wonder if this is something virus in my computer or a bug in browser itself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #2
Enthusiast

My System

Have you considered using ccleaner to do that stuff? I wouldn't touch google chrome if you paid me. Which is funny because my employers use it but I personally would not at home as think it is very flaky, very unsecure and buggy.

So it would not suprise me that there is some sort of bug which is not deleting the history but I cant really help you as I dont use it. I am sure others can though.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

It works as its supposed to for me. There is an option for the time period for which to delete the browsing history. By default, it only deletes "the past hour". Did you try changing this to "the beginning of time"?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Yes I tried "the beginning of time" but still it didn't delete

But since I deleted the folder "user data" manually, it has been working fine normally.

@greenbrucelee
Yes i have ccleaner setup but I don't use it. I think I shall use it from now on. Thanks.
Closed Thread