Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

User Tag List

Opera Versus Other Browsers

This is a discussion on Opera Versus Other Browsers within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Say just how secure is Opera compared to other browsers? I have Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera. I'll soon be

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 03:48 PM   #1
Registered Member

Say just how secure is Opera compared to other browsers? I have Firefox, Internet Explorer and Opera. I'll soon be using Linux too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I personally think all the browsers are about the same when it comes to security. It is how it is used that makes the difference.
Old 11-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Opera Web Browser 18 Review but I think Linux tends to use Safari, although for that - posting in the Alternative Computing section should give you more info on that.

I think any attacks are aimed at the more popular browsers because of the greater number of users/targets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomken15 View Post
Opera Web Browser 18 Review but I think Linux tends to use Safari, although for that - posting in the Alternative Computing section should give you more info on that.

I think any attacks are aimed at the more popular browsers because of the greater number of users/targets.
there is not a safari for linux. the linux distros I have messed around with comes with firefox. only considering the major browsers that will run in both without having use wine or other mods to get it installed is opera, firefox, and chrome.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

I must have misread something, but it looks as though someone has found a workaround How To Easily Install Safari in Linux (The new Updated Guide) - Tech Hamlet
Old 11-25-2013, 04:16 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
I must have misread something, but it looks as though someone has found a workaround How To Easily Install Safari in Linux (The new Updated Guide) - Tech Hamlet
however, your post says linux tends to use safari. it does not!!! it is a mod or a hack and can break with any update. that is why I said what I said. I was talking about browsers written specifically for linux.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:33 PM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

As I'd also said - I must have misread something but had also suggested posting in the Alternative Computing section for more info (because I wasn't sure).
Old 11-25-2013, 04:39 PM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
As I'd also said - I must have misread something but had also suggested posting in the Alternative Computing section for more info (because I wasn't sure).

and that is why I was clarifying your statements since I am a user and would have posted the same thing in the other section.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #9
TSF Enthusiast

I said I think Linux tends to use Safari - but added the rest for clarification.

Anyway, I think the Poster will have gotten the point by now
Old 11-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #10
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

I don't think it's any more secure, but I use it more than any other because with a Master Password, hitting the symbol (I don't even know what it's supposed to be) allows a one step log in (fills User Name, PW and logs in) rather than two like FF.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread