Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Internet Browsers and Email > Other Browsers

User Tag List

Google Chrome mixes my window layout

This is a discussion on Google Chrome mixes my window layout within the Other Browsers forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I always have multiple browser windows open, each with multiple tabs. I keep my windows in a logical order, for

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I always have multiple browser windows open, each with multiple tabs. I keep my windows in a logical order, for example my first window is my main work window with all web pages I need to work.

However, after a few weeks of using Chrome my windows changed order and now I have to waste time constantly finding what is where.

Is there a way to either:
1. Stop the windows getting mixed up (Firefox has the same bug but it's far more frequent in FireFox)
2. A way to easily and manually put the windows back in the order I want them in

So far my only solution is to manually copy and paste each tab url from the first window to a new one and then rebuild my original tab list in the first window which of course is lot of work and wasted time (but less than spending 20 seconds finding each window all the time).

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2011, 10:10 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

I always have many Chrome windows open and it keeps recycling windows so new pages can open in a window in the middle of my screen, it's then impossible to find in which window it opened forcing me to open it again in another window.

I'm really sick of all these browsers having one problem or another, why is it so hard to make a user friendly browser?
Old 12-03-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Hi,

Not sure what you mean. I just downloaded it to have a look and its not much different to firefox.

Right click a link with option to open in new tab or new window.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chrome.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	202.3 KB
ID:	101300  

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google Chrome Suddenly not working
Hi everyone, As of 12 hours ago, Google Chrome has been crashing, sticks in the middle of pages, will not load pages in Facebook or Myspace and is pretty much unusable. I have run a malware scan, a virus scan, I have cleared the history of it and I have shut down and restarted. Nothing helps. ...
Canadian Dude Other Browsers 2 01-08-2012 09:43 AM
Any settings to fix this in Google Chrome?
I just switched from the loaded with bugs Firefox to Chrome and it's nice having a browser that doesn't crash every 30 seconds like FireFox does, but some things bug me: 1. I just lost a ton of work because I accidentally clicked the X on a Window with many tabs opened and unlike FireFox it...
aab1 Other Browsers 5 10-29-2011 08:06 PM
Problems with hotmail and google chrome
Hiya In the last week I seem to have lost some hotmail functionality whilst using Chrome. Most things work ok, but images won't load and the advanced search facility doesn't work. I have re-installed Chrome to the latest version. OS is Windows 7 Ultimate. Cheers James
JamesBarnaby1 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 07-26-2011 04:44 AM
Helps needed to solve redirect issues on Google Chrome
Hi, I started to have the re-direct issues with search results on Firefox . I installed Google Chrome, and then remove Firefox. The re-direct issues remain on Google Chrome. I ran SuperAntiSpyware and MalwareByte, but the problems persist. I need helps please. DDS log attached. DDS...
kiewkm Resolved HJT Threads 16 01-28-2011 01:44 AM
Publisher 2007 & Google Chrome
Hi, I am using Publisher 2007 and Google Chrome. I have created a website with a picture for the background. I have put the picture into the master view so that every new page in my website has this picture as the background. When I preview the website before publishing and when I open the...
Superstefanie Microsoft Office support 0 01-25-2011 03:35 AM