Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

User Tag List

memory card infected by .lnk virus

This is a discussion on memory card infected by .lnk virus within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My memory card has been infected by .lnk virus .All the files got converted into shortcuts. Even though i try

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

My memory card has been infected by .lnk virus .All the files got converted into shortcuts. Even though i try to format my memory card , it is not getting formatted. And also ,i can see a .vbs file which was not there when card was not infected.i tried to delete the files by using cmd also. But,it comes back again after sometime. Please, help me .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
Gone | Not Forgotten

My System

Same Problem was with me. I used avast antivirus & scanned the Memory Card/Pen Drive. All problems/viruses gone. Hope it will help.

Trying giving a suitable topic to your thread.

Thanks,
MArk
Old 01-19-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaybada View Post
My memory card has been infected by .lnk virus .All the files got converted into shortcuts. Even though i try to format my memory card , it is not getting formatted. And also ,i can see a .vbs file which was not there when card was not infected.i tried to delete the files by using cmd also. But,it comes back again after sometime. Please, help me .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
Gone | Not Forgotten

My System

I think you didn't read my post. Try scanning with Avast Antivirus only. It will help.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:07 AM   #5
Registered Member

mark,
don,t misunderstand me. i am entirely new to forums. I am yet get familiarised with this. i quoted, to give the thread a proper name. that's all. And, i am currently scanning my memory card with avast.
Old 01-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #6
Registered Member

mark,
i scanned the card with avast . Though it detected .vbs file and removed it, the shortcuts are still there. I tried to format it ,but ,no use.
Old 01-19-2014, 05:10 AM   #7
Gone | Not Forgotten

There is nothing wrong with original topic: memory card infected by .lnk virus

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Old 01-19-2014, 06:20 AM   #8
Windows Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Linux, Windows 7 Pro. Work systems - W2K, XP, Win7, RHEL, Solaris.

My System

Plug in your flash card, and find out its' drive letter, Open windows explorer, or My Computer.

Open a Command Prompt, and enter the Flash Card drive letter, then press Enter.

Next type del *.lnk Press Enter. Next type the following:
attrib -s -r -h *.* /s /d Press Enter.

After the attrib command is finished, your files on the flash drive may be hidden, Go into Control Panel > Folder Options > View > click on the "Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives"

CompTIA - A+, Security+
"There are two types of hard drives. A drive that has failed, and one that will.
Old 01-21-2014, 01:01 AM   #9
Gone | Not Forgotten

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basementgeek View Post
There is nothing wrong with original topic: memory card infected by .lnk virus

BG
Earlier the topic was "hi".
Old 01-21-2014, 05:56 AM   #10
Gone | Not Forgotten

Look at post #1 here titled : memory card infected by .lnk virus

BG

ASAP member since 2006

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

Closed Thread