Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > General Computer Security

User Tag List

Eset AV 2014 vs Eset AV 7 - difference?

This is a discussion on Eset AV 2014 vs Eset AV 7 - difference? within the General Computer Security forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I've tried to see if there is a difference between these, it seems that 7 is available through the website

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

I've tried to see if there is a difference between these, it seems that 7 is available through the website and 2014 is what is sold in the stores. Does anyone know if there is any difference between those besides packaging? Is there a difference with engines or definitions? Interface?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-24-2013, 10:28 PM   #2
TSF Security Manager
Emeritus

That's a good question, and one probably best asked at the dedicated Eset Support forum:

https://forum.eset.com/forum/24-eset-nod32-antivirus/

I do see it marked as Eset NOD32 Antivirus 2014 at Best Buy and Amazon online, for example. Some are 1 user 1 year license, some are 3 user 1 year license.

To the best of my knowledge, the latest version of Eset NOD32 is v7.
I run Eset's Smart Security v7.0.302.26

I would suspect the builds labeled as 2014 are v7 builds.

Amazon's description for Eset NOD32 Antivirus 2014 also says:

Quote:
Product Description
ESET NOD32 Antivirus 7 is is an award-winning antivirus with fast, powerful detection featuring the new Anti-Phishing module and Social Media Scanner.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2015
Closed Thread