Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

User Tag List

Looking for replacement battery

This is a discussion on Looking for replacement battery within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have a laptop that has not been used for around 1.5 years (due to me thinking it was

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 10:27 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
I have a laptop that has not been used for around 1.5 years (due to me thinking it was dead). The other day I was going to take it out, part it, and sell it on ebay and such. But I started it up, and it booted up o.o

Here is background from my laptop history
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...op-624235.html

A)Something on the motherboard is burned out, computer stopped booting up 1.5 years ago(green power light would turn on for 1 second then turn off - no mechanical sounds) - No matter how I gave it power
B)Battery stopped holding a charge 2 weeks before the burnout
____________________________________________________________-
Now, in 2013:
A)Battery had juice in it to boot into windows for about 20 minutes (windows battery indicator said 20%)
C)When using the laptop - battery in + ac adapter connected, it says charging, but the percentage of battery life decreases
D)Taking out the battery and ONLY using AC to boot laptop fails everytime (green power light would turn on for 1 second then turn off - no mechanical sounds)
E)Battery almost depleted, computer tries to start (hdd spins, fan turns on, get to boot menu screen and then it turns off
F)Left laptop to charge for 10 hours, came back and it booted into windows (windows battery indicator says 0% - plugged in, charging)
G)Laptop power light starts to flash - indicating lower battery ( only been powered on for 5 minutes..

Something with the power is defiantly the problem, and I think it is defiantly the MOBO + Battery together. But I was thinking

-Computer worked fine on battery (which i believe is about to die/ is already dead) with ac plugged in - maybe a new battery would fix it

-The way that the computer wont turn on with just the AC power but will work as long as the power is sent to the battery first; leaves hope that I won't have to replace the MOBO

Product Name: VPCF1390X
Model: PCG-81114L
VGP-BPSW21A (taking from back of battery) 10.8V 5000 mAh / 54Wh

I can't seem to find the right battery. Should I be searching under Product name, model, or battery model.. No matter what I search, I get varried results and i can't find a battery with EXACTLY the same power as stated on the current battery.. ( For example i see alot of batteries rated at 11.1V)

Anyone want to post some links to replacement batteries that would be great. Also what are your thoughts on the laptop.

Once again, sorry for the wall of text but this is mind bogling for me.. and I would like to fix my $1,300 laptop from a few years ago!!

THANKS!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi using pcg-81114l I get these for the battery https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=pc...ient=firefox-a

there is a mention here of battery charging Sony eSupport - VPCF1390X - Support

if you can get a clear picture or pictures of the area someone here might be able to point you in the right direction

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread