Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

User Tag List

Laptop PSU replacement

This is a discussion on Laptop PSU replacement within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there, As my current laptop PSU is making a strange buzzing sound I am concerned that it might damage

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Send a message via MSN to Silverj2k7 Send a message via Yahoo to Silverj2k7

Hi there,

As my current laptop PSU is making a strange buzzing sound I am concerned that it might damage my laptop, So I am in the market for a new PSU for the laptop. I am not expert regarding Laptop PSU's but what are generally the most stable/reliable ones?

The laptop in question:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks - ASUS G71Gx

ASUS G71GX

I've seen some PSU's on Amazon but most only have 3-4 star reviews which gives me some doubts. Please note - The laptop is imported from America, I also have the lead for the UK mains socket! :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

hi silverj2k7,

is this laptop still under warranty? i personally would go with a non generic power supply. here is some you could look at.
Google

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
hard drive replacement for 6 year old laptop
I need to replace the hard drive on my daughters 6 year old laptop: hp pavillion dv2000. it came with a seagate 100GB sata harddrive but i would like to upgrade if possible. i know nothing about hard drives so i dont know what will work. what are my options? thanks
mloveskirk Hard Drive Support 1 02-02-2011 05:27 AM
Good Replacement PSU to buy??
Hi all: Looks like from early help on this forum, I need to purchase a replacement PSU for my HP Pavilion a1640n desktop PC. What good (compatible) PSU would you recommend? After doing some initial research, there are just too many. I want a better PSU (the OEM version was like 300w), one that...
SmallTownUSA RAM and Power Supply Support 2 02-01-2011 02:15 PM
HP Laptop LCD Screen Replacement
Hello everyone, recently my girlfriend's hp Pavilion dm4-1165 dx (Purchased from best buy) got a crack in the screen. I cannot find the replacement screen anywhere online, it may just be a Best Buy only computer. The question I had is that if any of these screens that I found would work, or maybe...
amoor139 Laptop Support 7 01-30-2011 12:14 PM
Inspiron 2200 laptop replacement battery not identified or able to charge.
I recently was given an older Inspiron 2200 laptop and I recieved a message that the battery was needing to be replaced. I bought one that was said to be compatible with this laptop and I now get a message that says the system cannot recognize the battery and cannot recharge it. I have updated...
Pando33 Laptop Support 2 01-16-2011 06:53 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM