Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

User Tag List

HP Pavilion Laptop...

This is a discussion on HP Pavilion Laptop... within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I wonder if I can have some help please :) I bought an HP Pavilion back in December 18.

Old 03-30-2020, 01:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I wonder if I can have some help please :) I bought an HP Pavilion back in December 18. If I remember, it came installed with some Apps and there was Office which required a licence. As there is no disc tray on the laptop, I downloaded Office 365 which my work has which allows you to download it on 5 devices. However, I'm not sure what has gone wrong but Ive discovered that all my files/documents which I saved onto an external hard drive and then loaded on here to One Drive aren't showing. I keep getting an error message saying my One Drive is out of space. I still have my original disc for MS Office 10 and wondered if it was possible to reset this laptop and somehow have Office 10 instead of 365. I had no problems on my previous laptop with Office 10 and storage.

Sorry if this is in the wrong forum :)
lassie-cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2020, 02:16 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Delete the Office it came with. Check One Drive again. If no good, delete 365 and install your 2010. If this works, it's not the time to give up. Post back and we can figure it out.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Corday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 02:27 PM   #3
Registered Member

Where do I go to do that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2020, 04:30 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

Control Panel>Programs & Features

Old 03-31-2020, 10:04 AM   #5
Registered Member

Hi, I had 3 versions of Office on here and I've delete them all. One drive is still looking to be synced and is looking to connect to my work email address which I don't wont. I cannot install Office 10 as this laptop doesn't have a cd tray to insert it. On my previous laptop, my work office wasn't on there, only Office 10 and One Drive worked a treat. What should I do now?
Old 03-31-2020, 10:08 AM   #6
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

You can always get an external cd/dvd drive to install office if you https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-.../pc/1292112011

Mark thread solved under thread tools when issue has been resolved.
oscer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:15 AM   #7
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

lassie-cat: Are you sure you have permission from work to sync?

Old 03-31-2020, 10:59 AM   #8
Registered Member

When work first changed over to Officer 365, we were told we could install it at home as it could download up to 5 devices. I think this is maybe when the problem started. I went into my photos/documents, which I had transferred to external hard drive, and then downloaded them on here and most of the folders were empty (on here). I'm not sure what has gone wrong. When I key in my own email address into one drive, it says 5gb of 5gb is used and I have no more space. I didn't have this problem previously so I'm confused.

I just checked my old laptop and all my files were held on the C Drive. That was why I transferred them over to external hard drive to then transfer on here. I chose one drive thinking it would be easier There are small red crosses all down the sides of the folders when I look at the file explorer on here.
Old 03-31-2020, 11:07 AM   #9
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscer1 View Post
You can always get an external cd/dvd drive to install office if you https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-.../pc/1292112011
Thanks for the link :)
Old 03-31-2020, 01:14 PM   #10
Registered Member

I have an update, I have managed to unlink my work OneDrive account from here so it is only my personal onedrive account which is up to the max (5gb). However, it is still showing within the explorer folder down the left hand side. There are also small red crosses against my Personal One Drive, against the Documents folder within that and also against the Documents folder under This PC. Is there not the equivalent of a C drive on here I can save files to?
Old 03-31-2020, 01:42 PM   #11
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Red Xs mean PC out of Sync>Show hidden icons>OneDrive>View Sync Problems

Old 03-31-2020, 02:00 PM   #12
Registered Member

There are 2 issues showing. The first one is there is not enough free space and the second one is saying there isn't enough free space for my gmail.com.pst. Should I just unlink this one too?
Old 03-31-2020, 02:56 PM   #13
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Saving selected Email might make sense, but not your whole .pst file to a limited without paying cloud service. Just back it up.

Old 04-01-2020, 08:33 AM   #14
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corday View Post
Saving selected Email might make sense, but not your whole .pst file to a limited without paying cloud service. Just back it up.
I have backed up the .pst file to external hard drive.

What do I need to do to remove the One Drive folder from my work as it is still showing within file explorer?

Also, which drive can I save all my documents/photos to instead of having the trouble I have had with One Drive?

Thank you for your help :)
Old 04-01-2020, 08:40 AM   #15
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Back-up programs discussion at:
https://www.techsupportforum.com/for...e-1240558.html
For One Drive un-linking or removal: https://support.office.com/en-us/art...rs=en-US&ad=US

Old 04-01-2020, 08:52 AM   #16
Registered Member

Quote:
Thanks, I will take a look.

Re storage, I was thinking more along the lines of what used to be the C drive but not sure if the area on here "This PC" is the equivalent?
Old 04-01-2020, 09:07 AM   #17
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Any drive internal that isn't used for something else if you're partitioned. Of course a good external HD. Don't depend on a Flash Drive. They are not intended to be for permanent long term storage. Most of us here at TSF have more than one backup.

Old 04-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #18
Registered Member

Something must have gone wrong with the uninstall as OneDrive work wont delete. Would it be better to reset this to factory settings? I have all my files saved anyway. If I did this would it be ? Assuming Windows will automatically re-install
Old 04-02-2020, 12:11 PM   #19
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

My System

Previously you said you were able to unlink it. Is there any chance both home and work are part of the same Microsoft Account?

Old 04-02-2020, 12:28 PM   #20
Registered Member

Quote:
Previously you said you were able to unlink it. Is there any chance both home and work are part of the same Microsoft Account?
No, I sign in with my personal Microsoft Account. The OneDrive icon on system tray for work has disappeared since I unlinked it. Only the icon for my Personal one remains.