Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

User Tag List

Gateway NV53 bios boot loop.

This is a discussion on Gateway NV53 bios boot loop. within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My laptop won't seem to bootup. Started yesterday afternoon with windows locking up then bluescreening. Rebooted and it would begin

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

My laptop won't seem to bootup. Started yesterday afternoon with windows locking up then bluescreening. Rebooted and it would begin to load bios but then the screen would flash and it would begin to load bios again.

Shut it down for a few minutes, tried again and it let me in to startup options. I chose normal, booted and locked up. So I rebooted again, again allowed me to the startup options and I chose safe mode. Got in and messed around a bit. Rebooted to normal, locked up almost instantly in windows. Did this several times. I recall at least once while in windows it told me that my graphics had recovered from a serious error. Then it began not even getting to windows, just the bios loop.

Tried an old hard drive that I had, nothing. Just got caught in the bios loop.

Essentially it begins to boot shows the Gateway bios screen with the logo and down at the bottom it says f2 to enter bios setup or f12 to enter boot options, and next to that is a status bar. The status bar increases as normal (very quickly I only get like 2 seconds to choose). Then it just reboots and does this again.

Tried removing each ram chip and rebooting, same issue.

Tried two hard drives and no hard drive. Even with no hard drive, same issue.

Took laptop completely apart and made sure all connections were plugged in. Thinking it was possibly a heat issue, I took off the heatsink and applied new thermal compound. Also took apart fan and cleaned completely.

Tried removing the battery for bios for a minute or so.

Nothing has helped. The only thing I haven't tried is replacing the bios battery, I have a new one around somewhere, but I can't see that being the issue as technically all the battery should do is hold bios settings?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
Registered Member

I have tried f2 and f12. I do get a beep when I hold F2, but it still just reboots.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Random BSOD
I recently replaced certain parts of my computer after frying the motherboard. As this was my first time attempting this, I had an employee at Fry's install the CPU onto the motherboard for me. I replaced the power supply, motherboard, and ram myself, leaving my old hard drive and old graphics...
droo BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 150 11-12-2011 11:48 PM
EEEPC 1000H hangs on bios boot.
Ok, so i have an eeepc 1000h with a touchscreen installed in it and while i was watching a youtube video, i came to move it and suddenly i heard a weird noise from my headphones which sounds like a dial-up internet connection connecting, and the computer also froze completely. No input did...
nousernametech Laptop Support 7 10-11-2011 01:32 AM
PXE error loop - HD not showing in BIOS - help!
Hey everyone, thanks in advance for any help you can offer to try and get this thing figured out - I'm hoping that there's something I can do without having to replace a bad drive!? I'm running Windows 7 on a Lenovo Ideapad Y550, appx a year to a year and a half old, and I've started having...
insignius Hard Drive Support 1 10-08-2011 02:52 PM
BIOS update changed boot device! HELP
Hi everyone, The problem I have is really strange. I updated my BIOS from my computer manufacturer's homepage. After doing so, I had to reboot my pc. However, once my pc rebooted, a similar message as the following appeared: Press F8 to select boot device. If I would not press F8 my pc would not...
trock Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 10 09-27-2011 03:45 PM
[SOLVED] System will not boot past the bios
Hello not sure if my problem is hardware software or Bios but I will post the question My system will not boot beyond the bios stage and gives me the following message. Windows could not start. the following file is missing or corrupt \windows\system32\config\system insert windows cd and...
john-boy Hard Drive Support 14 01-23-2011 01:21 PM