Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

User Tag List

Dell Laptop Battery

This is a discussion on Dell Laptop Battery within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm not confused, I'm very clear :-) and my understanding hasn't let me down yet, my phone and laptop batteries

Closed Thread

Old 06-20-2019, 01:16 AM   #21
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

I'm not confused, I'm very clear :-) and my understanding hasn't let me down yet, my phone and laptop batteries have given me significant mileage :) with this practice..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 04:27 AM   #22
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
I'm not confused, I'm very clear :-) and my understanding hasn't let me down yet, my phone and laptop batteries have given me significant mileage :) with this practice..
Perhaps that is your experience but that does not prove anything, unless your argument is substantiated with some facts from internet like the link recommended by you or any research papers etc.

I believe you are very obstinate to accept this reality even after exhibiting facts from the internet provided by you. I am afraid I cannot convince such people any further unless their attitude change to absorb knowledge.

Be aware that the greater the number of cycles a lithium ion battery exercise the shorter will be its battery life expectancy. My earlier battery for my mobile Micromax E484 degraded its life expectancy or longevity by sheer number of discharge cycles. The current one, often charge it to 98% and do not allow it to discharge below 40% unless there is no way to recharge (away from a power plug) the same. Occasionally I had switched off the phone when around 40%, am currently satisfied with the performance of the battery after the 7th month. For the laptop, as the person who created this thread uses. I never had much issues even after 1 year and 8 months.

Regards,
alza68
Old 06-20-2019, 08:04 AM   #23
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by alza68 View Post
Perhaps that is your experience but that does not prove anything, unless your argument is substantiated with some facts from internet like the link recommended by you or any research papers etc.

I believe you are very obstinate to accept this reality even after exhibiting facts from the internet provided by you. I am afraid I cannot convince such people any further unless their attitude change to absorb knowledge.

Be aware that the greater the number of cycles a lithium ion battery exercise the shorter will be its battery life expectancy. My earlier battery for my mobile Micromax E484 degraded its life expectancy or longevity by sheer number of discharge cycles. The current one, often charge it to 98% and do not allow it to discharge below 40% unless there is no way to recharge (away from a power plug) the same. Occasionally I had switched off the phone when around 40%, am currently satisfied with the performance of the battery after the 7th month. For the laptop, as the person who created this thread uses. I never had much issues even after 1 year and 8 months.

Regards,
alza68
Dude, why are you getting so worked up about this ? And name calling is not the right way to go... I never asked you to convince me or anyone else :S That's something you've thought to take up on your own, it wasn't asked..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2019, 10:24 AM   #24
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
Dude, why are you getting so worked up about this ? And name calling is not the right way to go... I never asked you to convince me or anyone else :S That's something you've thought to take up on your own, it wasn't asked..
I give up... But please do not accuse me of calling you by any name other than your handle. I have never jotted any names against you in any of my messages. Please do not implicate me of violating any requisites of this forum.

This is a platform to exchange information for the benefit of the readers or recipients, whomsoever asked any questions. It is the duty of the respondents as far as possible to accurately and tersely to furnish answers to the recipient ( the one asked questions) to benefit him or others alike. If the response from one, require a bit of a correction, then another can engage in the process of correction by substantiating his statements with facts and if likely convince the former responder, such that the discussion turns to be healthy and fruitful.

I merely exercised this deed than call any nick or pet names as you accuse.

Regards,
alza68
Old 06-20-2019, 02:05 PM   #25
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

I'm closing this thread. The topic has been discussed at TSF and other computer related sites and has been debated ad nauseam. The thread is heading in the wrong direction.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Old 06-21-2019, 01:16 AM   #26
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

@storm5510, please use this link to get Dell's recommended settings and best practices for your laptop battery, and please accept my apologies for this thread heading in a direction that did not really help you..

Copy and paste the below link into a browser to find the best practices recommended by Dell

Code:
dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln85590/how-to-improve-your-dell-laptop-s-battery-performance?lang=en

Closed Thread