Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Hardware Support > Laptop Support

User Tag List

Dell 9400 GPU problem and HDD

This is a discussion on Dell 9400 GPU problem and HDD within the Laptop Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I am trying to help a friend with an issue related to Dell 9400. The graphic card just stopped

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 06:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
I am trying to help a friend with an issue related to Dell 9400. The graphic card just stopped working and I cant do anything with the computer. His biggest worries is that he need his outlook files and I want to copy the files from his pc.

Since I cant see anything on his computer, because of the GPU issue, I removed the HDD and connected it externally to my pc and tried to find *.pst file. the problem is that his user map is secured so I cant get in to it. I have tried to use ERD commander to remove the security settings but I cant get ERD to pick up the external HDD.

Can anyone help me on getting the *.pst file?. The only outlook *.pst file I could get was the one on default folder and that is no use to him.

Thanking you in advanced
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2011, 07:28 PM   #2
Networking Team |Tech

Hi Pjfadeqq,

Right click on the "username" and then choose properties. Then go to Security tab and click Advanced on the bottom right. Then on the Permissions tab, click on the username and then click on "Change Permission". Make sure the "Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent" is also checked.

Hope everything works out well for you.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] GPU or PSU Problem?
Hello all, My System Specs: Mobo: ASUS P7P55D-E Pro CPU: Intel Core i5-750 GPU: ATI Radeon HD 5870 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaw 2x2GB DDR3 1600 (7-8-7-24) 1.6V HDD: Samsung 500GB 7200 PSU: OCZ "Stealth Stream" 700W OS: Windows 7
emsquared Video Card Support 14 07-03-2011 12:46 PM
HDD 500, 2 Partition, deleted. Recover problem ?
First, hay to all. Now, i have WDC WD5000AAKS-00V1A0 ATA DEVICE Hard Disk ( 500 gb, 2 partition), the problem started when i wanted to install win xp ( before i have win 7 ), because i was disappointed with win7, i wanted to change. When i go to intall from boot, there is 2 partition. One is 50...
DejanGP Hard Drive Support 2 06-18-2011 02:47 AM
Internal HDD problem. Trying to backup data...HELP!
Hello guys. Recently iv had a problem with my laptop. It hasnt been working and i am unable to access the desktop. So in the mean time...b4 i wipe my laptop clean, i want to get the data off my hdd as i have some important files that i need. I managed to take out the internal HDD from teh...
jay_manz Hard Drive Support 2 04-23-2011 09:21 AM
Problem using original HDD (replaced with SSD) as 2nd drive
Happy Friday folks! Not sure if this is right place but here's the story. ACER 8943G, replaced original HDD with an SSD, cloned boot system etc and SSD working fine as main drive for a long time now. Finally got replacement second drive cover that actual allows you to use second drive (curse...
BigAlMc Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 5 04-08-2011 11:50 AM
IDE HDD Problem
I've searched around the net for a fix to this problem and I just can't find an answer. My current build: Windows 7 Home Premium (build 7600) ASUS P5Q Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 2 x 2GB Corsair RAM NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 SATA HDD Samsung HD502IJ (500GB) - Primary HDD (OS installed) IDE HDD...
Acore Hard Drive Support 10 01-18-2011 08:16 AM