Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acer Laptop start up issue

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  dai 
#1 ·
Laptop: Acer Aspire 3003LCi

I'm not sure if the problem I am having with this laptop is a hardware or software issue. I have the AC adapter plugged in with no battery. I completely dismantled the laptop to the motherboard with every add-n removed including hard-drive, Wifi Card, DVD drive, and left one stick of ram in (I've tried multiple RAM cards). I am looking at a bare laptop motherboard with the monitor plugged in (not the VGA port but the laptop socket), CPU in place, and the AC adapter plugged in with no battery.

When I go to start the laptop, it successfully powers on for about 5-10 seconds after which the CPU fan runs noticeably faster and then all at once everything shuts down. I'm not sure if the fact that the CPU fans runs louder/faster is meaningful. Also, before I dismantled the laptop and the hard drive was plugged in and everything, Windows would not start past the loading screen before the laptop reboot itself. When running in safemode, the last driver to load was the gagp30kx.sys driver (graphics I presume) which leads me to believe it may be a GPU problem.

Thank you
Charles

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.