Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Resolved HJT Threads

User Tag List

[SOLVED] How to delete items found by ESET scan

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] How to delete items found by ESET scan within the Resolved HJT Threads forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, Recently my computer was cleaned by one of the member of the Virus Team of this forum and then

Old 06-29-2013, 10:42 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
Recently my computer was cleaned by one of the member of the Virus Team of this forum and then I have been religiously scanning the pc with the recommended tools viz., MBAM, ESET Online scan, etc. and taking precautions as necessary.

The recent ESET Online Scan unveiled following -

C:\Documents and Settings\Master User\Application Data\Real\Update\UpgradeHelper\RealPlayer\10.40\agent\stub_data\stubinst_pkg_en-ap.cab Win32/OpenCandy application
C:\Documents and Settings\Master User\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1FQ9S3VG\Mipony-Installer[1].exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.BR application
C:\Documents and Settings\Master User\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\2VH1THER\DownloadManagerSetup[1].exe a variant of Win32/InstallCore.BQ application

I did not tick the checkbox that could have removed the infected files for fear that the scan might wrongly delete a required file. However the scan ran for almost 8 hours and gave me above output, and now I don't want to run the scan again and wait for 8 hours.

I tried looking up the above files, but could not find them (even after enabling show hidden files and folders).

Is there a way to remove these or may be a script that deletes these files ?

Many thanks,
Parin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2013, 04:04 PM   #2
TSF Security Manager
Emeritus

Hello. None of those are serious threats and you can simply ignore them if you like. OpenCandy and InstallCore are targeted due to monetizing features included in the setup files.

The two in Temporary Internet Files can be cleared out using Windows Disk Cleanup (cleanmgr)
Description of the Disk Cleanup Tool in Windows XP

Although, the path shown to your Temporary Internet Files seems non-standard. Default should be
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\

The file in Real Player's appdata folder, you should be able to manually navigate to and delete, if it still exists.

This batch file should also remove them all

Open NOTEPAD.exe and copy/paste the text in the codebox below into it:
Code:
@echo off
if exist "%temp%\log.txt" del "%temp%\log.txt"

for %%g in (

"C:\Documents and Settings\Master User\Application Data\Real\Update\UpgradeHelper\RealPlayer\10.40\agent\stub_data\stubinst_pkg_en-ap.cab"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Master User\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1FQ9S3VG\Mipony-Installer[1].exe"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Master User\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\2VH1THER\DownloadManagerSetup[1].exe"

) do (
del /a/f %%g >nul 2>&1
if exist %%g echo.%%g>>"%temp%\log.txt"
)

if exist "%temp%\log.txt" ( start notepad "%temp%\log.txt"
) else echo.Deleted Successfully !!

pause
del %0
Save this as fix.bat Choose to "Save type as - All Files"
It should look like this:
Double click on fix.bat & allow it to run

You should receive a message, "Deleted Successfully !! Press Any Key to Continue..." Please do, and continue on. If not, let me know.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2015
Old 07-01-2013, 06:14 AM   #3
Registered Member

Hello Tetonbob,
Thanks for the script..I was looking just for these. It makes me feel safer when I get the needed assistance and support from Good Samaritans like you...

Warm Regards,
Parin
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
TSF Security Manager
Emeritus

You're quite welcome, Parin. Take care.

Surf Safely, and Think Prevention!

Since this issue is resolved, this topic will be archived.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2015