12-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Join Date: Dec 2009
My PC has been acting up recently. It's been running slower than usual, my games that I play are randomly crashing, and there are a couple of really random events happening.
1) Command Prompt is missing from Start Menu
2) "Run" command is missing from Start Menu
3) Internet Explorer missing from Start Menu, and every time it is opened, it pops up with the window that asks you to set up IE8 (the one that is supposed to open the very first time you start IE8)
4) Mozilla Firefox asks me to make it my "default brower" (to which I click yes) every time I open it
5) Some programs will not install correctly
I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2010. It has popped up saying that it has detected trojans but blocked their access, and has no trace of them inside the application, as in there are no logs stating which ones it blocked, so I can't share those with you.
Any ideas as to what is going on? I also ran Webroot System Analyzer, and that came up clean, but there is obviously something going on with the symptoms listed above. Can anyone help me out? I attached a logfile of a Hijack This scan in case that helps.
Intel Core i7 940
6 Gb DDR3 1600 Mhz Corsair Dominator RAM
2x 1.5 Tb HDDs
32 Gb SSD
2x EVGA GTX 285 FTW Editons
Windows 7 Ultimate