Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Resolved HJT Threads

User Tag List

Followed STICKY Steps, DDS Won't Run

This is a discussion on Followed STICKY Steps, DDS Won't Run within the Resolved HJT Threads forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi chemist! We're all set! You can mark this thread very happily resolved. Thank you again for all your help.

Old 10-06-2015, 07:58 PM   #41
Registered Member

Hi chemist!

We're all set! You can mark this thread very happily resolved. Thank you again for all your help.

Dell still couldn't connect via Citrix and the tech again started talking about things like new user profiles or reinstalling the operating system, so I bumped it up to a supervisor who, gee, actually looked at the error message! Parts of Citrix were going into a Temp directory, he didn't know why. They tried something else that left me with a BOSD which was VERY bad for my blood pressure. Reboot brought me back OK. Then the tech went to bleepingcomputer and had me download and run the all-in-one tool, back to BOSD, but reboot did NOT bring me back! Back to supervisor who said after all-in-one it can take up to 5 minutes for the desktop to appear. All is now fine and Citrix is now happy, and I am going to take a day or two away from all things technical support related, no offense intended!

Marlene
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2015, 08:13 PM   #42
Security Team
Moderator, Analyst
Rangemaster, TSF Academy

You're very welcome, Marlene! Glad to have helped, and glad you got it all sorted.

Proud member of UNITE

Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security 2014, 2015

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Suspected malware after Minecraft mods - dds.scr won't run.
Hi, My son downloaded and installed Minecraft mods including unwittingly some other nasties. I have uninstalled what I could find but I now suspect malware. I downloaded dds.scr but it opens in Notepad. I don't know what a script blocker is. Please advise. Thanks.
happydaze29 Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 32 08-01-2015 11:40 AM
Urgent help needed to remove multiple virus :win64/patched.A and Trojan.
Dear tech guru, I got hit by the FBI virus a day and a half ago and later more viruses came in unexpected. Here are the details of my computer and the viruses. I have already backed up my system, and ran the tdsskiller and otl. I would like to completely get rid of the viruses. Your help is...
deesw8 Resolved HJT Threads 52 11-05-2012 09:56 AM
Rogue XP Antispyware 2012
Hi, My computer has apparently gotten the XP Antispyware 2012 virus. There are constant pop-ups that tell me that my computer is infected or that my privacy is being intruded. I always x out of these pop-ups but they keep coming back. In addition, there seems to be a fake Windows security center...
12Pineapple34 Resolved HJT Threads 20 01-19-2012 05:50 AM
bad image error and norton 360
Hi, My initial problem was trying to get rid of the "Bad Image" error message that has been popping up on literally every file and folder on my PC (Windows XP). Situation has gone from bad to worse as i installed norton 360 5.0. Now nothing works, unable to connect to the internet, unable to...
royalmc Resolved HJT Threads 25 04-07-2011 07:36 AM