08-21-2009, 05:49 AM
Join Date: Jan 2009
OS: XP, Vista, Win7, Win8.1
Please do the following:
Please download DDS and save it to your desktop from here
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr
to run the tool.
- When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
- Save both reports to your desktop. Post DDS.txt and attach the Attach.txt
Please download GMER Rootkit Scanner
- Extract the contents of the zipped file to desktop.
- Double click GMER.exe. If asked to allow gmer.sys driver to load, please consent .
- If it gives you a warning about rootkit activity and asks if you want to run scan...click on NO.
- In the right panel, you will see several boxes that have been checked. Uncheck the following ...
- Drives/Partition other than Systemdrive (typically C:\)
- Show All (don't miss this one)
- Then click the Scan button & wait for it to finish.
- Once done click on the [Save..] button, and in the File name area, type in "Gmer.txt" or it will save as a .log file which cannot be uploaded to your post.
- Save it where you can easily find it, such as your desktop, and put it in your next reply.
Rootkit scans often produce false positives. Do NOT take any action on any "<--- ROOKIT" entries