Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Resolved HJT Threads

User Tag List

Computer running super slow

This is a discussion on Computer running super slow within the Resolved HJT Threads forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi...I was helped with a BSOD problem in the XP section...I finally figured out it was a driver in my

Old 01-23-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi...I was helped with a BSOD problem in the XP section...I finally figured out it was a driver in my external drive causing the crashes..I removed it and now the computer is stable but very slow..Opening explorer or any programs or website takes about 20 seconds..I scanned with several malware programs and all were clean except 2..Spyware doctor claimed it found TDSS and Advanced System Care found Win32swizzor.au but said it removed it..A second scan then was clear... I also ran a complete system scan with Avira and no virus was found. I can't get to the bottom of why this thing is so slow..I checked ram with Memtest and it showed no errors..The computer runs fine in safe mode with networking. Is there a way to completely rule out malware or virus problems? Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
TSF Security Manager
Emeritus

Hello and Welcome.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link I'll give you below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:
Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps
link at the top of each page.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

Please note that the Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help forum is extremely busy, and it may take a while to receive a reply.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2009 - 2015

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Google redirects and computer running slow
Ok, I hate having to ask for help by bothering people but I'm in a bind. Google redirects me to spam links when I click them the first time but the second time, it's fine. When I click 'back' when I'm on this spam website it sends me two pages back. Also, my computer has been running slower and...
Joeramos Resolved HJT Threads 4 03-03-2011 12:08 PM
Computer Does not start up - Freezes CONSTANTLY when running.
Hello all, This is my last resort to figure out why Bert (my computer) is dieing on me. He is a 1 year old computer with Windows Vista 64 bit (Instal, not upgrade) Service pack 1, with 4 gb of Ram, a 500gb hard drive, and a 3.0GHz quad-core processor. Lately, ive had troubles with him...
Quinton595 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 17 01-16-2011 06:53 PM
Am I now clean ? Malware.trace removed
I regularly scan with Malwarebyes and less often with SuperAntiSpyware , Spybot, and Avast AV. A scan with MB detected nothing. However, a scan with SAS found Malware.trace and quarantined it. The only listed problem was one registery entry...
Totten Resolved HJT Threads 80 01-08-2011 02:38 PM
Fresh Computer running slow
Hey guys, Iíve had a lot of issues with my HP Pavilion for the last few months. Itís barely a year old, but beginning mid-November it started acting strangely- freezing very often. First, I brought it back to Best Buy, because I read that if it is a hardware problem, theyíll fix it free of charge....
chiller123 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 4 01-03-2011 07:11 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in todayís modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM