Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Security Center > Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help > Resolved HJT Threads

User Tag List

Avast detected Kill.bat file in system32 folder

This is a discussion on Avast detected Kill.bat file in system32 folder within the Resolved HJT Threads forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am using Windows 7. Avast detected Kill.bat file in system32 folder. Opened it with notepad and contains these commands-

Old 09-09-2015, 01:25 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

I am using Windows 7.

Avast detected Kill.bat file in system32 folder.

Opened it with notepad and contains these commands-

@ECHO OFF

taskkill /f /im explorer.exe

START %SystemRoot%\explorer.exe

exit

Anything to worry about ? Or is this a normal file that is usually in Windows ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2015, 10:25 AM   #2
Security Team
Analyst

Hy and welcome to TSF.
I am sorry for the delay.

This file is not a default one in sys32 dir but the content says ( in simply words )

Kill explorer.exe
launch explorer.exe

So not really something to worry about and up to you if you want to keep it or not.
I noticed that Jenae has replied to you in this topic
https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...r-1042977.html

There will never be peace in a war so I don't understand what they are fighting for

ASAP & UNITE Member
Old 09-18-2015, 02:36 AM   #3
TSF-Emeritus

Since the issue has already been addressed in another section of the forum, this topic will now be archived.

If you need continued support, please begin a new thread, and provide a link to this topic. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic, after following the steps outlined here:

NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

Surf Safely and Think Prevention!

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] help!!!! guy gone crazy with bluscreans!!!:@:@
i have an intel dh55hc motherboard in my pc i built my pc during summertime and at that time i got the patriot ram ... the whole stock had problems .. (they work with onestick bt the pc wont boot with 2 sticks) so i had a stick of 2gigs of that ram .. then i upgraded it with a kingston ram ..and...
avok95 Motherboards, Bios & CPU 21 11-17-2013 06:14 AM
google hijack and other problems
Kk, haven't been able to use google at all for some time. And I have been getting some hot linked random words in web pages that pops up an add when you pass the cursor over them. GMER didn't work for me at all. Went to blue screen with message that they shut windows down. And when I try to zip the...
Cpilot Resolved HJT Threads 35 09-29-2013 12:45 PM
no internet access after virus
recently had win 7 2012 virus, removed virus, now cannot connect to any internet. troubleshooting states can not detect networks proxy settings. i dont know what any of following report means, but thought it might help. Farbar Service Scanner Ran by haley (administrator) on 09-01-2012...
cody7880 Resolved HJT Threads 65 01-18-2012 10:32 AM
help BSOD
Hi all Recently ive been getting alot of lock ups and bsod with this error. A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. Any help with this would be muchappreciated:pray:
Thesickness BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 17 07-10-2011 02:55 AM