Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

XP pro loading seem to be incomplete, services not started

This is a discussion on XP pro loading seem to be incomplete, services not started within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi guys, I am quite new to computer problems, sorry if this may be long to read>< Here's full story

Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 04:28 PM   #1

Hi guys, I am quite new to computer problems, sorry if this may be long to read><

Here's full story of my problem:

Recently I got infected with a trojan downloader, and infected me with these viruses : Win32/TrojanDownloader.Agent.AABX trojan, Kryptik.AE trojan, PSW.OnLineGames.NRS trojan, and a few more I lost track of, I couldn't get rid of them so I got myself a second HardDrive, installed OS and NOD32 v3 ESET Smart Security on it to scan my first infected harddrive, after scanning, i start to boot up again with first infected ( now should be clean ) harddrive.....

Here is my problems

Upon start up, Windows load a lot longer than before, finally it got to the welcome screen, i pressed ctrl+alt+del and logged in as administrator, then it hangs for like 30 second before my desktop icon start menu start to load(usually its straight away)

Problem 1: even tho loaded, taskbar seem to disappear, right beside start menu is language bar, basically when i open a window and minimize it i won't be able to switch back to it unless i ult tab.

Problem 2: I cannot Copy from uneditable areas, (text on pages of the internet)

Problem 3: RPC services seems to be off, found out when i tried to do the command tasklist

Problem 4: When run services.msc, the screen shows up but with no services, its looks like it hanged on loading, but the system hasn't hanged.. i can close it.

Problem 5: I cannot open internet pages in new window (right click> open link in new window), when if i go to "My Computer > right click > manage > event Viewer" i can see there is many Application and System errors, but when i double click them nothing happens, can't view them at all

Problem 6: Windows Installer is not working, classic message of "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

Problem 7: I tried downloading some xp tweaks according to my previous problems on "www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm" (vbs file ones) and execute them, and nothing happens. I tried to manually adjust the registry according to the vbs files i downloaded.. nothing is fixed

Problem 7: Shut down hang at "logging off" screen.. and never shut down, but when u press the numlock or caps lock key it works... which should mean system hasn't froze?

And I do believe there are more problems that still havn't been discovered, I have a lot of programs installed on that computer, and I really don't wish to reinstall OS, I tried boot with "last known good configuration", its no good, Problem 1 happens even in safemode.

I'd really appreciate if anyone here could help me further troubleshoot my computer and find out exactly whats wrong, and hopefully fix it.

Computer Details:
Platform: Microsoft Windows Professional XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz
RAM: 1.00GB

If any more details is needed please tell me, I will post back as soon as i can
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2008, 05:21 PM   #2

Just a note, i am sure i cleaned all viruses... i do believe this problem is registry relate, but i really don't know where and what i can look for... help pls
Old 12-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #3

Can anyone help me please~? or maybe fire up suggestions on what might be wrong ><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-03-2008, 07:42 PM   #4

helllloooo~~ anyone home~? pls give some suggestion><, or at least tell me why you guys are not replying !!!!!
Closed Thread