Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

XP hangs at loading your personal settings

This is a discussion on XP hangs at loading your personal settings within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello Can someone help me? When I boot Windows XP, and I enter my password the sytem hangs. Unfortunately I

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 08:29 PM   #1

Hello

Can someone help me?
When I boot Windows XP, and I enter my password the sytem hangs.
Unfortunately I have only one user account. How can I solve the problem?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2007, 09:34 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Hi PetrosP and welcome to TSF !

Repeatedly press F8 during startup to bring up a menu before Windows starts then choose to load the last known good config. Tell us if you have any luck with that.

If not, try to start the computer in safe mode (same menu as before) and see if you can log successfully into your account there.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pop ups
I used to get a pop-up every 5 min. untill i downloaded hjt sounds crazy but i did not do anything other than a scan. Here is my scan report, this is all new for me. :4-dontkno Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 12:01:18 PM, on 30/01/2007 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT...
whatitis Inactive Malware Help Topics 24 02-15-2007 11:00 AM
trojans?
I'm pretty sure I have a trojan (or more then one), on my taskbar next to the clock I have 2 icons both telling me that my computer is infected, and when you clock either on of them they automatically download a regestry cleaner that asks for money, so I'm guessing that that is the problem. ...
chatcher Inactive Malware Help Topics 22 02-07-2007 07:40 AM
I read all your stickys, please look at my hijack this file.
Hello, Ive gone through all the steps suggested and even used more.. I keep getting around 10 adware/spyware results in spybotS+D after restarting my computer. I have seen up to 51 processes running and I only have few legit programs in startup. Im pretty sure that some of these...
brandonj Resolved HJT Threads 8 12-23-2006 01:48 AM
Internet explorer infections, due to son on malicious site.
Hello, Well I will try to be descriptive as possible in the issues and how they came to be. Additionally, I have followed all steps in the "pre-post" with the exception of Updating Windows. The reason being, I cannot go to windows update through mozilla and if I open internet explorer ... my...
DemoWhat Resolved HJT Threads 41 10-27-2006 09:45 PM