Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

XP Anti Virus 2011

This is a discussion on XP Anti Virus 2011 within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. It seems that I have this virus. I ran the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool and it removed 7 malware

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
Registered Member

Roll Eyes

It seems that I have this virus. I ran the Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool and it removed 7 malware items. My computer now opens up a list of programs when I try to execute any .exe program

What do I do now:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 02:13 PM   #2
TSF - Enthusiast

My System

I suggest that you read this sticky: https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...lp-305963.html
Follow the directions and post a new topic here:
Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum
Old 04-25-2011, 02:14 PM   #3
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi first go here and have them checkout your system NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum if you still have issues after they give you the all clear then please come back

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
Administrator
Microsoft MVP

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

Follow the advice in posts #2 and 3

Thread closed

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spyware/malware issues
I am convinced that I have spyware/malware or something going on with my computer. I have ran several programs - malwarebytes, windows defender, and windows malicious software removal tools that say the computer is not infected. However, I am still having problems and some strange things have...
Ladysmith94 Resolved HJT Threads 31 04-22-2011 07:24 AM
Start menu programs gone, Icons, files and folders hidden, random audio, IE redirect
Last night, I was surfing the net. Suddenly audio started playing on my speakers, and desktop icons started disappearing. Then I got a notice like "your IDE/SATA drive has failed....." i hit control+alt+delete, and it said task manager has been disabled by the administrator, which, or course is me...
ynpguy Resolved HJT Threads 16 04-02-2011 10:23 PM
New browser tabs opening and directing to attack sites.
Hi there, I'm not sure how I did this, but I've infected my computer with trojans / malware. I ran updated and ran both AVG and then Malwarebytes and they each found and succesfully cleaned some trojan infections. But they didn't fix everything. When I google something and click on a link, I...
malleusmalefic Inactive Malware Help Topics 10 03-19-2011 05:38 AM
Virus redirecting all of my pages.
My computer is completely screwed! First no sound now this! Almost every time I try to do something on the internet my page is getting redirected to something else! I always have to rush to click the X button to stop the page from loading. But I want a permanent fix! Please help.
TheresMoreToMe Resolved HJT Threads 26 01-26-2011 05:48 PM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 08:15 PM