Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

www.gmail.com not loading in IE, Firefox or Google Chrome

This is a discussion on www.gmail.com not loading in IE, Firefox or Google Chrome within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, This morning www.gmail.com would no longer load for me on my work computer. It was working fine in the

Closed Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

This morning www.gmail.com would no longer load for me on my work computer. It was working fine in the morning and stopped somewhere after 10a. Our work uses gmail so I know it wasn't blocked intentionally. It does not seem to load in IE 8 or Firefox 3.5.3. I also just downloaded Google Chrome and it would not load there either.

The weird part is that my co-workers computer is able to load Gmail. I've tried re-setting the router. I've done a clear cache, and also a friend suggested I do this through the command prompt which I did.

I also called RCN (our cable service provider) and they had me do a winsock reset via command prompt but that did not fix the problem. They said they couldn't help me trouble shoot any further.

I have AVS Antivirus 8.5.421 installed and didn't see anything being "blocked" under advanced settings.

Can anyone help me fix this? Many thanks in advance...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Troubled

If you have cleared the cache from the browser then try editing your Host file. Browse to C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc open the Hosts file with Notepad. Delete any lines after 127.0.0.1 localhost. Save the file. Go to Start/Run and type CMD and hit enter in the Command Prompt type ipconfig /release and hit enter. Now type ipconfig /flushdns and hit enter. Now type ipconfig /renew and hit enter, then try again.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:11 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks.

There was nothing after 127.0.0.1 localhost

and I followed all the steps after that but Gmail will still not load for me.

Gmail wouldn't be blocked because we use it for our work email. The other computers can access gmail with no issue. Nothing had changed as far as settings/restrictions... it just stopped loading yesterday morning around 10a. Would RCN have anything to do with this?
Closed Thread