Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Won't connect to internet???

This is a discussion on Won't connect to internet??? within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Dell Inspiron 630m. XP. Since last week it has not connected to Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Dell Inspiron 630m. XP. Since last week it has not connected to Chrome, Opera or Internet Explorer or email. It does, however, update Spybot, AVG etc. What can I do to get it going again. Please
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
Registered Member

Check settings in each browser for proxy servers. Make sure there aren't any.
Old 04-24-2018, 04:06 PM   #3
Registered Member

A did a number of "manipulations" today and it is currently working. Thanks for your thoughts.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Good to hear you got it fixed!

Please mark your thread solved in Thread Tools at the top of the page.

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DDS Report. How Long?
Following advise from a forum mod i am following the steps to run the DDS & GMER reports so i can post them with details of my system problems. I have ran the GMER report with no issues but when i ran the DDS yesterday it ran for over 5 hours without producing anything? It was also at this...
cDubya Resolved HJT Threads 44 08-28-2012 06:27 AM
Dell is running SO SLOW
Hi, I know next to nothing about most of what I'm finding on this site, but the step-by-steps are helpful! My Dell Insprion 1525 is running so slow, I can barely even run internal scans to find out what's wrong. It just took over 90 minutes to run my "Windows Experience Index." iTunes is no...
rebel150 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-05-2012 09:28 AM
[SOLVED] Error Code: C00D1197 OR 0xC00D1197
Hello ....don't know if this is right forum I listen to a online football station for my home team. Just recently it has stopped working in IE 8 32 bit. I can log in but can't play any content in the windows media player it uses. However it will work in IE 64 bit and Firefox browsers...I...
REMA1 Internet Explorer & Edge Forum 11 03-20-2011 09:43 PM
Virus de-activated firewall and internet connection
Hi, my name is Steve and I have a problem that seems pretty common with other posts. I have tried a few basic options posted elsewhere but here I am. I turn on my computer and after the welcome screen my desktop background loads but it takes about 10 minutes for the icons and everything else to...
Sharewealth Resolved HJT Threads 20 03-14-2011 07:19 AM
Antivira AV virus - Help appreciated
Hi there My pc picked up a nasty virus called Antivira AV rendering it pretty much useless. Itís a bogus virus scanner that automatically seems to close down Windows Defender and take over. I canít use Internet Explorer and also canít go in the Task Manager, when I press Ctrl alt delete it...
Jvdbliek Resolved HJT Threads 18 03-03-2011 09:34 PM