Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Wont boot after clean install of XP

This is a discussion on Wont boot after clean install of XP within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I have installed XP media center on a laptop previously running home basic. I deleted all previous partitions and

Closed Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:51 AM   #1

Hi, I have installed XP media center on a laptop previously running home basic. I deleted all previous partitions and did a quick format NTFS, install seemed to go great. Came to restart the laptop and it wont even POST now. the only thing that happens is a light flashes twice when I press the power button.

I have taken the battery out and left it unplugged for 3 hours, but no difference.

Any suggestions?

All I can think is the BIOS data to boot was on a partition not on the motherboard, which has now been wiped. How can I get it back?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2009, 11:50 AM   #2
dai
TSF Team, Emeritus

check the operating system partition is marked active

Closed Thread