Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Windows XP (Lenovo R61) Graphics Screen Flickering Pink

This is a discussion on Windows XP (Lenovo R61) Graphics Screen Flickering Pink within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm having problem my laptop. The screen flickers in many different colors after a while then freezes then I need

Closed Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 01:14 AM   #1
Troubled

I'm having problem my laptop. The screen flickers in many different colors after a while then freezes then I need to shut it down.

What could be the problem and what can I do to fix this?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2011, 03:28 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Hi

Does it do this in Windows?

1. Try going into Safe Mode
(Restart the laptop -> press F8 -> on the Advanced Startup Options menu select Safe Mode.)
Once in Safe Mode see if it does the same thing. Please let us know.
(This will determine if it is the display driver)

2. Attach an external monitor. See if it does the same thing on the external monitor.
(This will determine if it is the monitor)

3. Restart the laptop. Press F8 to display the Advanced Startup options menu.
Leave the laptop on the menu for a while and see if it does the same thing.
(This will determine if there is something wrong with Windows)

Please let us know the results.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can someone help me see what's up?
I'm a real computer noob I don't know exactly what's going on but ill try to describe it, mostly I'm concerned about a keylogger though. The other problems are every now and then on Google I'll click a link and I'll get sent to some random website, sometimes outta nowhere a new tab will open up to...
soboman Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 13 05-13-2011 02:20 PM
Spyware/malware issues
I am convinced that I have spyware/malware or something going on with my computer. I have ran several programs - malwarebytes, windows defender, and windows malicious software removal tools that say the computer is not infected. However, I am still having problems and some strange things have...
Ladysmith94 Resolved HJT Threads 31 04-22-2011 06:24 AM
Fake Windows Security Program has infected my computer! Please help me remove it!
i was simply browsing the web, and when I hit a link this Windows Security scanner program popped up with several different pop ups and tried telling me my computer was infected with all these particular files. I didn't subscribe to it or anything I just clicked out of it. Now, my computer...
flip25 Inactive Malware Help Topics 4 04-12-2011 11:23 AM
bad image error and norton 360
Hi, My initial problem was trying to get rid of the "Bad Image" error message that has been popping up on literally every file and folder on my PC (Windows XP). Situation has gone from bad to worse as i installed norton 360 5.0. Now nothing works, unable to connect to the internet, unable to...
royalmc Resolved HJT Threads 25 04-07-2011 07:36 AM
Random popups and site redirecting virus
Hello, I'm new to the forum and my problem is that I'm being redirected to unwanted sites like Tazinga or Binkx. I'm running Windows XP and my laptop is about 7 years old. Any help would be great! Here are the Hijack specc UNLESS SPECIFICALLY INSTRUCTED, DO NOT POST THIS LOG. IF REQUESTED,...
Hexamus Inactive Malware Help Topics 2 01-11-2011 07:15 PM