Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Windows XP Installation Issue

This is a discussion on Windows XP Installation Issue within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, Thanks in advance for viewing this post. I've tried everything that I can find to solve this issue but

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 02:07 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,
Thanks in advance for viewing this post. I've tried everything that I can find to solve this issue but nothing I tried so far works. I'm not great at computers so this is all new to me which is why I suspect I'm having no luck so far.

If I choose to set up Windows XP, I get the following error after the files are copied and I agree to the user agreement:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xE1119F55, 0x00000001, Ox8081AECA, 0x00000001)

If I choose to run the Recovery Console, I get the following error once I choose which Windows installation I would like to log onto:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF000E987, 0X00000002, 0x00000001, 0x808247A4)

I don't know what to do from here. Windows XP wont start up normally and I can't run in Safe Mode anymore. I ran a Memtest program and my computer passed with no issues.

Also, this is a Dell Inspiron 2200 running off of Windows XP Professional SP2.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 02:18 AM   #2
In & out... very busy

My System

Sounds like faulty RAM to me.
You will need to replace whatever is installed presently in your laptop.
If you have upgraded the RAM at all, try removing the new module.
From what specifications I can pull from other websites, you should have 512Mb PC2700 as standard.
If you would like to source and install this part yourself, you can ask for further advice in the hardware (RAM and Power supply) section of the forum.