Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows XP Support

User Tag List

Windows xp fault after virus

This is a discussion on Windows xp fault after virus within the Windows XP Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi just wondered if somebody could give me some guidance. I have a Sony vaio laptop on a windows xp

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 04:09 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi just wondered if somebody could give me some guidance.

I have a Sony vaio laptop on a windows xp system which I use for work , a couple of weeks ago I got a rather aggressive virus which popped up false scans and if you where on the Internet a pop up would say 'you are about to leave a secure page other people can see this ' meaning that no matter what page I went on the virus would direct me to another page.

It cleared my whole memory and i was unable to run any system recovery so I had to load anti malware into safe mode then I was able to restore my system to factory default.But even after reloading windows xp on my computer when I used the Internet it still popped up the message you are leaving a secure page , but despite running many virus scans the virus was not showing up despite still being there so I run a system erase programme.

After this i tried to turn my computer back on the computer powers up the Sony vaio logo comes up but where as they next stage would normally be ( windows xp loading) it's just a black screen with 'Operating System Not Found'. Since then I have installed a new hard drive and new memory cards but I still get the black screen telling me the operating system is not found.

Does this mean I need to run a xp disk to re-install the system? When I press f1 - f8 etc nothing happens the message just keeps appearing can anybody help me out with advice or a fix ?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
.exe problems, and possible Malware issues
Aloha, Need help... not sure what to do, hopefully I posted this correctly this time! Mahalo, Red Eye . DDS (Ver_2011-06-03.01) - NTFSx86 Internet Explorer: 8.0.6001.18702 BrowserJavaVersion: 1.6.0_24 Run by Jennifer at 14:07:36 on 2011-06-09
RED EYE TRUKIN Resolved HJT Threads 10 06-28-2011 06:27 AM
Can someone help me see what's up?
I'm a real computer noob I don't know exactly what's going on but ill try to describe it, mostly I'm concerned about a keylogger though. The other problems are every now and then on Google I'll click a link and I'll get sent to some random website, sometimes outta nowhere a new tab will open up to...
soboman Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 13 05-13-2011 02:20 PM
Spyware/malware issues
I am convinced that I have spyware/malware or something going on with my computer. I have ran several programs - malwarebytes, windows defender, and windows malicious software removal tools that say the computer is not infected. However, I am still having problems and some strange things have...
Ladysmith94 Resolved HJT Threads 31 04-22-2011 06:24 AM
Plug and Play Causes Services to run 100%
About i week ago I booted my computer and noticed that it was running extremly slow. I opened task manager and found that services.exe was running up my CPU. After going through msconfig and using trial and error, i found that it wouldn't drive it up if i had Plug and Play unchecked. So my...
logicalman Resolved HJT Threads 46 02-09-2011 04:51 AM
Fooled by telephone trick - please help
I was fooled by someone calling me who pretended to be from Microsoft. :upset: Allowed him to remote control the PC, and he planted some trojan(s). :sigh: I did a System Restore to before the attack, ran virus checker, and spyware checker to clear what I could. :1angel: I would really...
dfreer Resolved HJT Threads 11 02-05-2011 06:06 PM